Job Overview/Summary: The Senior Monitoring & Evaluation Officer is responsible for technical oversight of monitoring and evaluation of emergency response(ER) program, including data quality auditing, operational research, program impact assessment, M&E capacity building and program reporting under direct supervision of Health Manager (Sittwe) and technical support from Monitoring & Evaluation Manager (Sittwe).
He/ She plays a key role in direct supervision and capacity building of data assistant and project staffs, monitoring and evaluation of program quality and services of IRC . He/ She works closely with Community Health Officers, Quality control Nurses and Sr. Medical doctors for quality control of ER program.
Under overall guidance of the Monitoring & Evaluation Manager (Sittwe) and in consultation with Senior M&E Manager, Sr. M&E Officer will:
- Assist M&E Manager (Sittwe) to set up and manage M&E framework of emergency health response program;
- Monitor implementation, maintain and analyze data and produce information on project impact and progress of respective health program
- Technical oversight and capacity building to IRC staffs and partner organizations' staffs of respective health program
Assist to set up and manage M&E framework of health program:
- Assist M&E Manager (Sittwe) to set up respective health program framework and identify data collection requirements and methodologies for log frame indicators in line with database, donor requirement and IRC global M&E system
- Assist M&E Manager (Sittwe) to develop a list of data to be collected in the course of program implementation for reporting progress, data collection methodologies and data quality control tools and responsible agencies.
- Assist M&E Manager (Sittwe) to revise and re-adjust the respective health program M&E framework as needed.
- Update the beneficiaries reached and
- Assist M&E Manager (Sittwe) to develop detailed program log frames, work plans, monitoring tools to ensure high quality program implementation throughout the project cycle and ensure the program is achieving expected outputs and that activities are relevant for the specific health program.
Monitor implementation, maintain and analyze data and produce information on project impact and progress:
- Design methodology and administer process of relevant data flow mechanism at respective health program in close collaboration with the field program staffs.
- Oversight process of data flow mechanism and routinely visit the project sites and monitor implementation of data flow mechanism at respective health program
- In coordination with M&E Manager (Sittwe), monitor the management of program database and project data quality control processes for respective health program
- Ensure systematic data collection along the project implementation at respective Townships and inform M&E Manager (Sittwe) for timely decision making.
- Update the beneficiaries reached and situation of coverage area/locations for respective grants.
- Provide technical support on program staff on implementing data flow mechanism and project data quality control tools.
- With the help of Data Assistant, to be ensure that IRC’s Rakhine health management information system (HMIS) and EWAR databases are regularly updated and report to SHOC room, State Health Dept. WHO after reviewing of Program Coordinator (Rakhine).
- Assist M&E Manager to organize and manage the project impact assessment survey, baseline survey, operational research and field testing of M&E tools and systems as needed.
Quality Control and Accountability
- Data Quality Auditing (DQA) in the project sites and making ensure that project database is safely stored and backed up at respective health program level.
- Coordinate with Community Health Officers to train staffs and support collection of beneficiary feedback through complaint box mechanisms of Primary Health Care clinic sites.
- Coordinate with senior referral officer, to support collection of beneficiary feedback through referral feedback and satisfaction mechanism.
- Coordinate with M&E Manager (Sittwe) to support response and follow up of complaints related to health programming provided by INGOs, NGOs and others agencies of health clusters.
Technical oversight and capacity building to IRC staffs
- Assist the M&E Manager (Sittwe) for overall technical oversight and quality control of respective health program
- Assist M&E Manager (Sittwe) to organize the capacity building plan and actions for program staffs as needed.
- Train all key IRC mobile clinic staff, health promotion teams, and community volunteer health workers on the use of relevant IRC’s Rakhine health management information system (HMIS) tools.
- Provide capacity-building support to all team members, including training on basic M&E concepts, assessment surveys collection etc when needed.
- Assist the M&E Manager (Sittwe) for donor reporting to ensure all M&E reports are produced with highest quality in a timely manner.
- Regular and timely reporting to M&E Manager for respective health program .
- In the event of a natural disaster or renewal of conflict in the programme area, the Senior M&E Officer will be expected to participate in emergency response activities.
- Dependent on capacity and workload, the Senior M&E Officer will be encouraged to attend relevant trainings and meetings in Sittwe, Yangon and regionally in order to improve the ability to support the project.
- At least 2 years of experience in M&E of complex health programs in a humanitarian UN/INGOs/LNGO context, and demonstrated high level skills in program and project M&E
- Experience and skills in capacity building and mentoring related with M&E
- Experience in design, implementation and analysis of health program assessments and surveys.
- Excellent communication skills, fluent written and verbal Myanmar and English skills.
- Good computer literacy and have good skills and experience of applying database
- Excellent command of MS-Office software applications (Word, Excel, Access, Outlook and Power Point).
Demonstrated Skills and Competencies:
- Professional demeanor, ability to work under stressful conditions while maintaining perspective and a sense of humor.
- Patience, diplomacy, flexibility, critical thinking and analytical skills.
- Have ability to travel to program implementing areas.
- Good Command of English Language Fluency.