The United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) WFP is recognized as the leading solution provider and partner in the struggle to end hunger and malnutrition and particularly for its efforts to reach those furthest behind first.
Being the frontline agency of the United Nations system that delivers innovative hunger solutions to 81 countries each day worldwide; WFP’s 14,800+ strong staff share a vision and commitment to end hunger by 2030. Tackling the causes -- not just the symptoms – and operating in the remotest corners of the world, with all logistical means necessary, WFP’s results-focussed team provides nutritious and life-saving food and cash assistance when necessary. Bringing unrivalled experience and operating in the world’s most high profile, difficult environments, WFP upholds the humanitarian principles of humanity, integrity impartiality and neutrality.
In successfully achieving the Sustainable Development Goal 2 (SDG 2) i.e Zero Hunger by 2030, the WFP team actively fosters partnerships with governments, communities, local authorities, civil societies, other UN agencies and the private sector.
WFP Malawi is seeking qualified and dynamic Malawian national candidate for the position as detailed below;
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- Education: Malawi School Certifcate of Education, with First University Degree in Social Science, Statistics, Demography, Economics, or Development.
- Language: Fluency in both oral and written communication in English language.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
- Provide technical support and assist in the development and implementation of various activities and processes within the specific area of work supporting alignment with wider program policies and guidelines;
- Prepare a range of reports and data analysis e.g. food assistance needs, programme status, performance and highlight trends/issues ensuring deliverables adhere to corporate standards and quality control;
- Ensure accurate, timely recording of data within the specific technical area of work (e.g. programme, food security and vulnerability assessments) and consistency of information presented to stakeholders
- Liaise with internal counterparts to support effective collaboration, implementation and monitoring of ongoing project activities;
- Support the capacity building of WFP staff, cooperating partners and national government within the specific technical area
- Contribute to the analysis of outcome data and recommend improvements to programme interventions and enhance WFP ability to demonstrate outcome focused results;
- Produce and share monitoring progress reports with status of results and implementation of improvements;
- Follow up on monitoring findings to ensure that corrective actions are taken and/ or adjustments are made to programme response as required;
- Liaise with WFP sub/field offices, relevant Government departments and implementing Partners on output monitoring issues (i.e. report submission, training, etc.) where necessary in coordination with the rest of the M & E team
- Ensure timely data entry and consistency with all data management tools and databases
- In coordination with Monitoring Assistants Coordinator, monitor the flow of output (first level outputs-beneficiaries, tonnage, C & V) data from field for all programme while ensuring timely and quality data;
- Any other duties assigned.