“UNDP is the UN's global development network, an organization advocating for change and connecting countries to knowledge, experience and resources to help people build a better life. We are on the ground in about 170 countries and territories, including Indonesia, working to eradicate poverty while protecting the planet. UNDP supports implementation of the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). In Indonesia, UNDP works with the Government to integrate SDGs into national plan and policies.”
Under the guidance of the Head of Quality Assurance and Results Unit, the Monitoring and Reporting Associate main role is to provide support to UNDP, BAPPENAS and other government partners in ensuring effective programme performance through sound application of programme and project management processes and procedures including planning, monitoring and evaluation, government financing, and Government of Indonesia - UNDP cooperation.
The Monitoring and Reporting Associate will facilitate consultations and monitoring of the United Nations Development Partnership Framework (UNDPF) and Government of Indonesia (GoI) .UNDP Country Programme Document (CPD), organize Project Appraisal Committee (PAC) meeting for GoI-UNDP project documents, advise on government regulations related to grant registration, management as well as government financing, support government monitoring of programme and projects in accordance with government regulations and UNDP requirements, and facilitate GoI-UNDP consultations on other related matters.
This position is located primarily in the office of the Directorate for Multilateral Foreign Funding of BAPPENAS to provide direct support to the Director of Multilateral Foreign Funding (BAPPENAS).
Duties and Responsibilities
Provide support/facilitation to the strategic planning, monitoring and evaluation of UNDP programme and projects, focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Facilitated series of consultations to develop the UNDPF and GoI-UNDP CPD to be aligned with the national mid-term development plan and other national priorities, in consulation with the development partners and relevant government institutions, including providing key inputs into preparation/revision of the Common Country Analysis (CCA).
- Regular monitoring on the implementation of the UNDPF/CPD through consultations and/or annual reviews as well as facilitation of consultations related to programme and project evaluations.
- Project documents quality assurance (including gender mainstreaming), appraisal (PAC meeting) and registration in accordance with government regulation on grant management and UNDP requirements. Minutes of meetings should be produced and documented in the UNDP filing system.
- Promote gender sensitive result based management reporting.
Ensure effective support to GoI-UNDP cooperations and consultations, focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Provision of guidance to UNDP and implementing partner/government institutions on relevant government regulations and policies/priorities.
- Provision of administrative support on GoI-UNDP consultations and cooperations, including providing talking points and preparing minutes of meetings.
- Facilitate discussion on government financing, blended financing, south-south and triangular cooperation and other relevant topics for consultation.
- Effective support to the Directorate for Multilateral Foreign Funding on the relevant government institution on the implementation of the grant management regulations and other relevant regulations.
Supports knowledge building and knowledge sharing focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Synthesis of lessons learned and best practices in project implementation and results.
- Contributions to knowledge networks and communities of practice (such as UNDP’s Yammer and thematic email working group).
- Active participation in gender related training and capacity building.
The incumbent of the position should avoid any kind of discriminatory behavior including gender discrimination and ensure that
- Human rights and gender equality is prioritized as an ethical principle within all actions;
- Activities are designed and implemented in accordance with “Social and Environmental Standards of UNDP”;
- Any kind of diversities based on ethnicity, age, sexual orientation, disability, religion, class, gender are respected within all implementations including data production;
- Differentiated needs of women and men are considered;
- Demonstrating/safeguarding ethics and integrity
- Demonstrate corporate knowledge and sound judgment
- Self-development, initiative-taking
- Acting as a team player and facilitating team work ,including working in teams and empowering other staff to create an enabling gender equality environment on non-hierarchical bases.
- Facilitating and encouraging open communication in the team, communicating effectively including communication skills to exchange information, and key ideas in a manner that engages the audience and helps others to understand and retain messages that includes about gender equality and parity
- Creating synergies through self-control
- Managing conflict , including conflict resolving skills to manage gender barriers and gender blind behaviors within the project and with partners
- Learning and sharing knowledge and encourage the learning of others. Promoting learning and knowledge management/sharing is the responsibility of each staff member.
- Informed and transparent decision making
- Advocacy/Advancing A Policy-Oriented Agenda
- Identifies relevant information for advocacy for a variety of audiences
- Results-Based Programme Development and Management
- Provides information and documentation on specific stages of projects/programme implementation
- Provides background information to identify opportunities for project development and helps drafting proposals
Building Strategic Partnerships
- Analyzes general information and selects materials in support of partnership building initiatives
- Maintains databases of donor information
- Tracks and reports on mobilized resources
Innovation and Marketing New Approaches
- Documents and tracks innovative strategies/best practices/new approaches
- Responds positively to new approaches
- Maintains information/databases on potential and actual donors
- Maintains database of project files
- Provides data and information needed for preparation of project documents
Promoting Organizational Learning and Knowledge Sharing
- Researches best practices and poses new, more effective ways of doing things
- Promotes knowledge management on gender equality issues
Job Knowledge/Technical Expertise
- Understands the main processes and methods of work regarding to the position
- Possesses basic knowledge of organizational policies and procedures relating to the position and applies them consistently in work tasks
- Strives to keep job knowledge up-to-date through self-directed study and other means of learning
- Demonstrates good knowledge of information technology and applies it in work assignments
- Demonstrates in-depth understanding and knowledge of the current guidelines and project management tools, and utilizes these regularly in work assignments
- Theoretical and/or practical knowledge of gender equality and women’s empowerment in development programming
- Global Leadership and Advocacy for UNDP’s Goals
- Identifies relevant information for advocacy for UNDP’s goals for a variety of audiences
- Reports to internal and external clients in a timely and appropriate fashion
- Organizes and prioritizes work schedule to meet client needs and deadlines
- Responds to client needs promptly
- Ability to consider that men and women are effected differently from different interventions and needs to be approached differently.
- Excellent time management skills requiring steady pace, shifting priorities, with speed and accuracy
Required Skills and Experience
- Education: Bachelor degree in International Relations, Political Science, Economics, Statistic or other relevant fields of study would be desirable, but it is not a requirement.
- Experience: Minimum 5 years of professional experience, preferably in the field of development for candidates with Bachelor Degree and 7 years for candidates with Diploma Degree
- Fluency in written and spoken English is necessary;
- Fluency in written and spoken Bahasa Indonesia is required.
- Knowledge of and experience in monitoring and producing report of projects will be highly desirable.
- Strong knowledge and experience in project management support are essential as well as ability to draft high quality report supported with graphic and statistical summaries.
- Demonstrated solid experience in conflict resolution and finding common ground in order to obtain cooperation from others
- Familiar with monitoring, evaluation and reporting tools and has an interest in the analysis of socio-economic issues and related policy matters would be desirable
- Good inter-personal and team building skills.
- Full time availability for project management support duties is essential.
- Familiar with Government and UN/UNDP procedures would be desirable
- Good computer skills required, knowledge of spreadsheet and database packages
- Experience in handling of web ased management systems would be highly desirable.
UNDP is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.