To coordinate the AFSeN-A Advocacy, Public Awareness and Capacity Development efforts, the Imitative for Hygiene, Sanitation and Nutrition (IHSAN) project of USAID has provided financial support to the technical secretariat at the Council of Ministers Secretariat to achieve this important millstone. This include development of Public Awareness and Advocacy framework and 2-year plan. The National Program Officer will report to DCoP/NTD and AFSeN Technical Secretariat Coordinator and is expected to carry out the following tasks.
The incumbent will support in performing the following tasks:
- Develop a detail Capacity Development plan and share with relevant stakeholders
- Develop training materials and presentations for workshops and sessions which will be conducted in Kabul and provinces.
- Provide tailor made awareness and advocacy trainings on Zero hunger, food security, nutrition, Hygiene, etc. to key stakeholders including governor officials, women, traders, CSOs, religious leaders, etc.
- Involve donors and development partners and plan regular sensitization and advocacy meetings.
- Plan regular internal technical sessions and conduct them with help of other staff
- Ensure Public Awareness and Advocacy Plan is implemented, followed up and reported
- Pay regular support visits to provinces to attend meetings and provide technical support
- Write concept notes, official letters, suggestion letters and reports in Pashto, Dari and English languages.
- Develop Advocacy messages, leaflets, brochures, magazine, factsheets, etc.
- Keep up-to-date the AFSeN-A Facebook page
- Develop and maintain the AFSeN-A website.
- Send and receive all letters and documentation exchanged on Public Awareness, Advocacy, CD and keep up to date its record.
- Take care of logistical and administrative issues related to Public Awareness, Advocacy, and Capacity Development.
- Take and finalize meeting minutes and make follow-up on decision made in these meetings.
- Translate documents, training materials and report from English to local language and vice versa.
- Follow on AFSeN-A Civil Society Alliance and attend its meetings
- Write plans and monthly, quarterly, bimanually and annual progress reports
- Perform other duties as determined by the supervisor
- Provide hands-on, real-time technical assistance for increased awareness, advocacy and capacity development
- Implement Advocacy and Public Awareness and Capacity Development Plan.
- Awareness and advocacy workshops on Zero hunger, food security and nutrition, conducted to key stakeholders including provincial government officials, women groups, traders, CSOs, religious leaders, etc. At least 1 such workshop per province.
- Work Plan and Quarterly, bimanually and annual progress reports prepared and shared with the relevant stakeholders.
Education / Experience: Advanced or university degree in Communication, Health Sciences, Public Health and/or Nutrition, Food Security or related technical field.
WORK EXPERIENCE: Five years progressively responsible professional work experience at the national levels in Strategic Communication, Public Awareness, programme planning and management. Previous experience with NGOs, Government, UN, Donors will be an additional advantage.
Additional requirements include:
- Current knowledge in public awareness, advocacy, ICT,
- Ability to conceptualize, plan and manage programmes as well as impart knowledge, teach skills and guide teams
- Excellent analytical, negotiation, communication and advocacy skills
- Ability to develop/nurture partnerships and networks for the fulfilment of food security, nutrition and zero hunger
- Fluency in English is a requirement. Strong written and communication skills in local languages (Dari, Pashto).
- Computer skills and translation of documents is highly required.
- Effective Communication & Representation Skills
- Drive for Results and analyzing
- Formulating Strategies and Concepts
- Networking and decision making and initiating Action
- Ability to work effectively with a range of people, organizations and cultures across all levels
- A team player who can work collaboratively and under pressure
- Willingness to travel to the provinces