Senior Officer, Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning
International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies, Malaysia
Closing Date for Applications:
The Asia Pacific PMER Unit works towards:
Supporting IFRC programmes and operations to improve performance and accountability under a results-based management approach for clearly defined expected results, and the methodologies and tools to measure and achieve them.
Supporting Asia Pacific National Societies to reach targeted communities with appropriate and timely assistance based on their needs, through the implementation of programmes and operations using a harmonized and coherent PMER approach aligned with Strategy 2030 and IFRC’s Agenda for Renewal.
This position will be responsible for providing regional PMER technical support to one or more sub-regions. She/he will also serve as technical expert for data analysis vis-à-vis results-based management and evidence-based decision making. The incumbent is expected to regularly communicate and coordinate with colleagues from the relevant country cluster or country offices as well as in the Asia Pacific regional office to ensure timely delivery of quality PMER products.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Coordinate and provide guidance on any IFRC supported planning for emergency operations and longer-term programmes, including technical inputs on the change pathway and logical framework for plans, concept notes, and proposals.
- Undertake quality control of all plans ensuring that the relevant standards and formats are adhered to.
- Ensure database for plans and reports is kept correct and up-to-date.
- Contribute to the review or development of any assessment guidelines and tools where needed.
- Facilitate the use of collaborative platform for IFRC planning and reporting.
- Lead as technical expert in data analysis vis-à-vis results-based management, in collaboration with FDRS officer and IM coordinator in Asia Pacific.
- Coordinate with MEL Senior Officer to provide guidance in the application of monitoring tools within IFRC to track progress and measure results.
- Contribute to the review or development of any M&E guidelines and tools where needed.
- Coordinate with MEL Senior Officer to support evaluations for IFRC-supported programmes, including contribution to the evaluation databank.
- Contribute to the development of any evaluation terms of reference where needed.
- Participate as part of evaluation management team at least once a year.
- Coordinate and provide guidance on the reports for the IFRC supported plans for emergency operations and longer-term programmes, including technical inputs on any complimentary case studies, evaluative findings.
- Undertake quality control of all reports ensuring that the relevant standards and formats are adhered to.
- Participate in the review or development of any reporting guidelines and tools.
- Coordinate technical support for NS and IFRC PMER capacity building.
- Ensure internal filling of all working documents is kept correct and up-to-date.
- Coordinate and update the induction training package used by PMER.
- Provide training, coaching and mentoring to relevant PMER focal points or practitioners within IFRC and NS.
- Assist in coordinating and providing guidance for PMER in emergencies when required.
- Contribute to the design and facilitation of any PMER forums or meetings when required.
- Act as head of PMER Unit if and when required.
- Deploy as PMER surge for response operation when required.
- Educated to degree level and/or can demonstrate equivalent intellectual capacity
- Master’s degree in a relevant field
- Minimum of 5 years relevant experience both in the field and headquarters in disaster relief, recovery or development work
- Minimum of 5 years in designing and implementing results-based management in a project cycle
- Proven experience in managing and supporting staff and systems
- Strong background in report-writing and product delivery to tight deadlines
- Writing, editing and analyzing complex reports
- Planning, implementing and monitoring projects from conception to completion
- Training development
- Working with financial systems
- Working with the Red Cross Red Crescent
- Working for a humanitarian/non-profit organization
Knowledge, skills and languages
- Advanced skills in computers (Windows, word processing, powerpoint, spreadsheets)
- Exceptional standard of fluency in written and spoken English
- Able to work independently and as part of the team
- Skills in training and developing staff
- Exceptional organizational ability with an eye for detail
- Documentation preparation/presentation and computer-based production skills
- Sensitive to cultural and regional issues
- Fluently spoken and written English