Senior Operational Assistant
European Investment Bank, Luxembourg
Closing Date for Applications:
The Restructurings, Funds and Ireland and UK Lending Division (JU/OPS 1/RFL) provides legal support to the operational directorates, by dealing with the legal documentation and legal issues for: lending operations in the United Kingdom and Ireland, debt restructuring inside and outside the European Union and fund investments inside and outside the European Union.
You will provide day to day assistance to the Head of Division and the Division members to support the efficiency, smooth operations and achievement of the Division goals.
You will report to the Head of Division and work with all Division members (lawyers, paralegals and assistants), other Directorates and interface with external contacts to support the Division's operations.
- Assist in the accurate preparation of legal documents and in the finalisation / administration of contractual documentation (such as finance contracts, guarantee agreements, fund documentation, restructuring documentation and contractual modifications)
- Assist and ensure follow-up of all procedures applicable both before and after signature of legal documents (e.g. prepare and circulate legal contributions to internal decision-making documents, prepare and distribute contractual documents, ensure due circulation of documents both inside and outside the organisation, handle notification of signatures, ensure electronic and paper archiving, store documents using the EIB electronic document management system (GED - Livelink), handle notes and other memoranda
- Carry out general secretarial duties and administrative tasks, including telephone coverage, mail/document control and distribution, filing, organisation of meetings, managing calendars
- Prepare business trips and follow-up related expense-reports
- Prepare and follow-up purchase requests for consultancy and take care of administrative aspects in relation to in-house and external consultants
- Manage correspondence on various matters for the Division, including in relation to legal documents, notes, reports, presentations
- Verify data to be inserted in contractual documents and coordinate with other Directorates to assist lawyers in the preparation of contracts and other documents
- Make suggestions to improve key records management processes in the Division and the Department
- Build and maintain good working relationships with peers and internal/external counterparts.
- Secondary level education, completed with a 2 year certification in a relevant field or secondary level education with equally qualified experience in a relevant field
- Formal secretarial training is a distinctive advantage
- At least 3 years of relevant , professional post-qualification experience (i.e. in similar or related tasks); experience acquired as administrative/operational assistant in a law firm, corporate legal function, or any other legal environment, is a distinctive advantage
- Very good knowledge of the standard IT & office tools (particularly Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook), Acrobat, common office hardware (e.g. printing and scanning equipment); familiarity with Electronic Documents Management tools, electronic archiving, and reporting tools is an advantage
- Excellent knowledge of English (oral and written) is required. Knowledge of French (*) and other European language would be an advantage.