OVERVIEW OF CTG GLOBAL
CTG support and manage humanitarian projects in fragile and conflict-affected countries around the world. With past performance in 15 countries – from the Middle East, Africa, Europe, Asia and Central and South America – we offer a holistic fabric of project management, implementation and support. Skilled in emergency response to crises such as the Ebola outbreak in West Africa, we have the ability to act quickly (crisis response teams can be on the ground in 24 hours) and to establish structured operations in high-risk environments. CTG recruit and manage qualified, skilled teams with extensive experience operating in challenging conditions.
OVERVIEW OF THE POSITION
The Senior Operations Officer (herein referred to as ‘The DSRMCO’) will provide the Project with high quality demining services and advice for the management and coordination of assigned demining assets. The DSRMCO will act as a key conduit for sharing information from the subordinate RMC positions and sharing them with the Operations team. The DSRMCO shall be based in Juba but will travel across South Sudan to a field duty station(s) within South Sudan to oversee a specific “regional office” from where demining operations are undertaken, or to monitor the performance of subordinate staff. The Officer shall oversee conformance of said demining operations with the project and the South Sudan National Technical Standards and Guidelines (NTSG).
- Exercise supervisory skills over all demining activities, and the performance of other subordinate staff, as directed by the project and keeping oversight on all demining activities conducted in the respective area of responsibility;
- Regular liaison and coordination of actions with the various Contractors operating in the area of responsibility;
- Develop and implement the national management workplans to ensure that clearance operations remain on track and in line with the directives of the project Operations Office in Juba;
- Monitor all mine action operations to ensure adherence to the Statement of Works, the Contractors’ Workplans, IMAS and NTSG;
- Request for additional resources and assets to ensure timely completion of the work plan, whenever necessary;
- Inspect, monitor and evaluate technical aspects of the Mines Survey and Clearance activities in operations;
- Compile monitoring reports after visiting operations and provide the field managers and local offices as required with summary on the mine action support operations;
- The DSRMCO will report directly to the SRMCO and when he/she is out of Juba to the Operations Office in Juba;
- Progress Reports are to be provided on a regular basis or as requested by the Project Manager, and as required in case of any incident
Team management: The DSRMCO will support the SRMCO and in his/her absence lead the team of CTG contractors and will manage the individual performance of subordinate staff, coordinate their leave rotations and insure that all key offices are permanently staffed.
Education: Bachelor's degree in any related field plus advanced EOD operator (IMAS 3+) with proven ability in the disciplines listed below.
Work experience: Minimum of 8 years of demonstrable relevant Mine Action experience.
Geographical experience: Minimum of 5 years of experience in Africa (desirable).
Languages: Fluency in English is essential.
- Eight years’ experience in managing humanitarian Mine Action operations with a good understanding of the limitations and deployment of search equipment in use in South Sudan;
- Thorough understanding of IMAS, the South Sudan NTSG and IMSMA;
- A general knowledge of all ammunition types and a detailed knowledge of all ammunition types encountered in South Sudan, including their fusing mechanisms and relevant render safe procedures (RSPs);
- Proven advanced Explosive Ordnance Disposal skills, including but not limited to:
- Planning and conducting bulk demolitions;
- Render safe procedures of fused ordnance;
- Incineration of ammunition;
- Disposal of White Phosphorous ammunition;
- Use of pyrotechnic torches
- Proven capability of monitoring and supporting MRE activities;
- Proven leadership qualities in high risk and high demand environments preferably in post conflict countries;
- Excellent negotiation and interpersonal skills and ability to work in a multi-national environment;
- Fluent in spoken and written English;
- Computer literate;
- Previous programme management experience is essential
Other relevant information: Minimum of five years of experience in an operating environment similar to South Sudan.