Senior Partnerships Advisor
UNOPS , Denmark
Closing Date for Applications:
Background information - AFR
Based in Copenhagen, Denmark, the Africa Regional Office (AFR) supports UNOPS country offices in the region, providing financial oversight of projects, procuring goods and services and managing human resources.
AFR helps ensure that projects are executed to the highest standards, providing a shared knowledge base and ensuring that best practices and lessons learned are disseminated between projects across the entire region.
- An Advanced University Degree (Master's or equivalent) in Business Administration, Political Science, International Relations, International Development, Social Sciences or a related discipline is required;
- A First-Level University Degree (Bachelor's) in combination with 2 years of relevant professional experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
- Minimum of 7 years of experience in an international development context combining the following:
- strategy development and execution
- acquisition of new business and establishment of partnerships with UN organizations, development finance institutions, governments, foundations, international NGOs or private sector organisations
- In-depth knowledge of development issues and current donor and sectoral trends, with emphasis on deep understanding of Africa partner / donor landscape as well as Africa’s humanitarian and development challenges is required;
- Knowledge / experience of Development Finance Institutions particularly of the Africa Development Bank is required
- Experience in dealing and negotiating with external stakeholders is required;
- Demonstrated experience working in project and programme management, international development, post-disaster and/or emergency contexts;
- Experience in the private sector and/or social impact investing ;
- Experience in International Organizations is an asset, particularly current and targeted partners for AFR (e.g., donor governments, African regional entities, UN);
- PRINCE2® Foundation Certification and PRINCE2 Practitioner Certification
- Experience with SharePoint, PowerBi, Outlook, and Microsoft Office suite. Strong Excel skills
Language requirements: Excellent writing and oral skills in English and French are required.