Senior PHP Developer
Fhi 360, Washington, United States
Closing Date for Applications:
- Develop modules and extensions for an existing PHP system.
- Customize, configure, and administrate the PHP system and associated third party modules.
- Create reports, online forms, and email campaigns using built-in modules or third-party modules.
- Create and maintain documentation for code and configuration.
- Contribute to the discovery and implementation of future solutions to project information and data need.
- Assists in the evaluation, development and implementation of company systems, including custom developed, off-the-shelf, and/or hosted solutions.
- Participates in code and design reviews.
- Develops new system components to include graphic user interfaces, software programs, database interfaces and reports.
- Troubleshoots basic software malfunctions, maintaining existing programs and make appropriate modifications based on changes in business environment, equipment, personnel and/or errors in existing programs.
- Coordinates with company employees and consultants, on-site and in the field.
- Executes development process for assigned work products within the scope of change/release management for enhancements and projects.
- Ensures system documentation is up to date, including data related to incidents and enhancements.
- Updates system documentation per the change/release process.
- Determines project scope, timelines and provide quotes on development efforts.
- Leads code and design reviews.
- Defines and mentor staff in standards, best practices and maintenance of applications.
- Assists in managing flow of change request activities including assignment of programmer and documentation to be updated.
- Works with development team(s) to update project plans and track projects. Assists in managing overall scheduling and timeline across projects.
- Participates in business requirements definition and documentation.
- Coordinates with product vendors for technical support.
- 5-8 years of programming and experience in PHP application development is required
- Experience managing source code using revision control systems. Git is preferred.
- 5+ years of professional experience working in Linux command line.
- Knowledge of coding best practices and design patterns.
- Experience exporting and importing data sets into/from web-based data platforms
- Understanding of web protocols and standards such as SOAP, JSON, HTTP(S) etc.
- Computer Science or Computer Engineering BA is required.
- 5– 8 Years of work PHP programming experience.
- 5+ years of professional experience with PHP Frameworks
- Strong knowledge and experience of databases (MySQL, SQL Server, etc.).
- Strong Knowledge and experience with writing technical requirements, test scripts and knowledge of software programming languages and technologies.
- Ability to communicate technical information clearly and concisely to technical and non- technical users.
- Ability to initiate majority of relevant tasks, specify and plan activities for task accomplishments and notify supervisor of variances.
- Possession of excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Customer Service Oriented
- Read, write and speak English; fluent in host country language required.