Senior Portfolio Management Officer/Portfolio Management Officer
Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank, Beijing, China
Closing Date for Applications:
Senior Portfolio Management Officer/ Portfolio Management Officer
The Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank (AIIB) is a multilateral development bank whose mission is financing the Infrastructure for Tomorrow—infrastructure with sustainability at its core. We began operations in Beijing in January 2016 and have since grown to 103 approved members worldwide. We are capitalized up to USD100 billion and Triple-A-rated by the major international credit rating agencies. Working with partners, AIIB meets clients’ needs by unlocking new capital and investing in infrastructure that is green, technology-enabled and promotes regional connectivity.
AIIB's Implementation Monitoring Department (IMD) is responsible for monitoring AIIB’s rapidly growing investment portfolio, which includes loans and equity investments with or without sovereign guarantees, and assisting management and project teams to ensure portfolio quality. IMD is recruiting a Senior Portfolio Management Officer / Portfolio Management Officer (PMO) to strengthen its portfolio management functions. The PMO will report directly to the Director General, IMD and focus on assisting project teams in developing and implementing robust monitoring and evaluation (M&E) systems and results frameworks for AIIB-financed projects that include loans and investments.
- Work closely with the Investment Operations Departments (IOD), the Strategy, Policy and Budget Department (SPB) and the Operational Services Department (OSD) to ensure robust quality assessment mechanisms and rigorous quality monitoring and evaluation systems are in place and procedures are developed for each project and the entire portfolio.
- Work closely with project team leaders to assist them in developing robust M&E systems and results frameworks for their projects, including appropriate project objectives, results Indicators, data collection methods and responsibilities, etc., to ensure the results framework for each project can be evaluable.
- Support Management in the development and updating of operational policies and processes that relate to project quality assurance and project results monitoring and evaluation, project implementation and compliance oversight.
- Conduct and support periodic review and reporting on project results and development impacts; recommend corrective action plans/measures as necessary, based on these reviews.
- Participate in strategic planning and ensure the translation of strategic objectives into operational priorities, results frameworks and quality assurance processes as required.
- Provide significant inputs to the development of project/portfolio reports and other related knowledge products.
- Communicate key lessons learned from project quality assurance and monitoring activities to other parts of the organization.
- Liaise with multilateral and bilateral partners and clients to harmonize and improve operational policies and practices related to project implementation.
- Minimum of 5-10 years of investment operational experience (minimum 5-8 years for officer role and 8-10 years for senior role) in an international or bilateral financial institution, preferably with experience in infrastructure financing (both sovereign and nonsovereign) in two or more regions, including Asia.
- A minimum of 3-5 years of relevant operational policy/strategy development and/or quality and results-focused experience in an international financial institution or comparable organization.
- Critical thinking skills.
- Solid understanding of economics and broad knowledge and familiarity with issues in development finance (knowledge of and experience in the infrastructure sector would be an advantage).
- Understanding of the policy-making process; adept at identifying, assessing and engaging in dialogues on policy issues with governments, clients and stakeholders.
- Demonstrated solid track record in delivering development projects (preferably in infrastructure) and an ability to improve quality and results.
- Ability to develop innovative solutions.
- Ability to collaborate seamlessly across boundaries.
- Ability to work effectively in a multicultural organization.
- Strong organizational skills and proven track record of results.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills in English.
- Master’s degree in public policy, economics, business or finance from a reputable university.