Thinking of a Career in Emergency Management?
- BY Nicole Pelette
Duties and Accountabilities:
• The selected individual will be required to lead the execution and origination of sell side financial advisory mandates in PPPs and privatizations across the MENA region, with the primary coverage in Egypt and Maghreb countries.
• He/she will be part of the MENA PPP advisory management team and part of the collective decision-making on strategies for business growth, pricing, targets, staffing, recruitment etc.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
• Proactively assist in business development by originating and managing marketing activity in assigned countries/strategic areas (including developing workshops/seminars, attending conferences).
• Lead the day to day management of project teams working on sell-side PPP mandates, including review of legal and technical outputs, documentation and financial models
• Develop transaction structure options for PPP projects, provide innovative solutions and present recommendations to clients. Manage client expectations and provide appropriate advice as necessary through proposing practical solutions.
• Manage marketing of project concepts to bidders, completing road-shows, prequalification, tendering and award, and the final negotiation of project agreements leading to financial close. Lead negotiations on the documentation with bidders; use strong negotiation skills to develop solutions and overcome impasses in straightforward and complex transactions
• Coordinate closely with other parts of IFC including environmental, social, legal, other advisory, investment and World Bank colleagues in order to provide bespoke solutions to our clients to achieve sustainable development impact.
• Ensure internal reporting is carried out appropriately and according to latest requirements by project teams.
• Develop, coach, motivate and manage junior members of the team.
• Assist in other project or strategy related activities as the need may arise.
• MBA or equivalent qualification;
• Minimum 10-15 years of relevant experience in PPP transaction advisory on buy and/or sell side, investment banking, project finance or corporate finance with a leading institution
• Strong experience in power and transport sectors. Strong grasp of legal documentation including risk allocation related to PPP projects including concessions
• Proven track-record of originating, advising, structuring and executing big ticket infrastructure transactions coupled with emerging market experience
• Strong financial, credit and structuring skills; demonstrated ability and experience of leading a variety of complex advisory, debt and equity transactions
• Ability to interact directly and independently with the senior government officials, financial and technical partners as well as senior private sector investors in the infrastructure space
• Sound business judgment in identifying potential business partners, strong business development and client relationship skills
• Knowledge of overall industry sector trends and experience in infrastructure transactions, trends and sector developments in MENA.
• Strong interpersonal skills with demonstrated track record of leading, motivating and managing multidisciplinary and multicultural teams
• Ability to work under pressure and deliver high quality work within deadlines to meet team objectives.
• Willingness and ability to travel on short notice and frequently, as required
• Excellent communication skills in English; knowledge of Arabic and French is desirable
• Only online applications are accepted: do not email your application to the hiring manager or the HR contact (even if you have applied online), as it will be neither acknowledged nor accepted.
• The hiring manager will contact only short-listed candidates for interviews.
• Do not call/email to find out the status.
• Should you have difficulties submitting your application online, please contact the World Bank HR Help Desk at email@example.com