Vera Solutions is a social enterprise and Certified B Corporation® building cloud and mobile applications for social impact organizations worldwide. Our clients—more than 300 organizations in over 55 countries—include major iNGOs and grant-making organizations, social enterprises, and community-based organizations.
Vera is looking for an energetic and mission-driven Senior Product Manager to keep delivering our vision for cloud-based solutions that increase accountability and transparency in the social sector. You will lead Vera’s product development function and team and be critical to the future success of the organization. The ideal candidate is a hands-on leader who integrates broad technical, design, and business expertise and thrives working in a fast-paced startup environment.
Aligned with our vision for greater transparency, accountability and efficiency in the social sector, we have built two products: (1) Amp Impact, to help NGOs and funders measure their impact and manage their programs/portfolios and (2) Many2Many, to manage relationships between records through a simple and easy UX. Learn more about these products on our website and on our Appexchange listings – Amp Impact and Many2Many.
Own and drive product strategy
- Track and iterate product strategy with a strong focus on user needs and knowledge of our domain
- Manage the product roadmap including prioritization and communication to stakeholders
- Collaborate with the leadership team to ensure Vera’s systems can support plans for scaling our products and teams and that these systems are being adapted
- Engage stakeholders, serve as the link between them and the build team, ensuring buy-in across the business
- Collaborating with Leadership on developing product strategy & implementing the vision
Lead Product team
- Manage, develop and retain product team and ensure all team members have clear responsibility domains, deliverables, growth opportunities, and support to achieve their goals
- Proactively establish and strengthen our product development practices for scale and team growth
- Eliminate blockers for team members to work efficiently within their focus areas and collaborate across functions
Drive an agile approach to product development
- Collect requirements and conduct user research to develop product solutions that balance stakeholder needs
- Lead agile development process, including managing workloads, prioritization of backlog, and ensuring the team is working efficiently
- Build an understanding of our users through market research and customer engagement in order to adjust development accordingly and solve for problems along our customer journey
Support our partners to sell and implement our products
- Work cross-functionally with sales, implementation support, and customer success to build knowledge and capacity to sell and implement our products
- Oversee execution and roll-out for documentation, training and onboarding needs to support new product releases
- Engage with partners and create a framework to scale collaboration and build feedback loops
Skills and Experience
- 5+ years of experience as a product management, ideally within a start-up or high-growth company – social sector experience a bonus
- Proven ability to effectively execute on product strategy
- Successful track record as a Product leader with experience mentoring product managers
- Experience in an agile software development environment with rapid feedback loops
- Experience with prototyping, testing, and validating product hypotheses, and have proven success at identifying MVPs which transition to valuable and appealing products
- Technical acumen and genuine passion for technology
- Well-versed in core concepts related to UI/UX design
- Insatiable desire to improve skills and knowledge of self and others
- Excellent written and verbal communication and relational skills
- Proven ability to influence cross-functional teams without formal authority
- Detail-oriented with excellent organizational skills.