Senior Program Associate
Results for Development, London, United Kingdom
Closing Date for Applications:
The SPA will be joining a highly collaborative team that embraces innovation and learning together as we are embarking upon a period of rapid growth within our portfolio. We are seeking someone who can take ownership over critical elements of our research and who can work well independently and as part of team.
- The SPA will have the opportunity to work on a variety of different projects across the organization, but initially will be supporting the UK-funded Frontier Technologies Program, which is based on four interconnected and overlapping technical workstreams focused on: pilot projects; capacity development; strategic partnerships to bring pilot projects to scale or expand elements of the program; and researching, experimenting and sharing lessons learned about the program. This project offers opportunities to build new skills, work collaboratively across a global network of stakeholders, and manage important aspects of program delivery.
- This position is based in Washington D.C. or London, but may require travel internationally up to 25% once COVID-19 restrictions have been lifted. The SPA will report to a Program Director.
- Your work will encompass a range of tasks related to research implementation, data analysis, project management, and communications. All of this work is critical to the successful implementation of our projects and running of our practice.
Collect data and deliver quality analysis
- Support the design and implementation of high-quality monitoring, evaluation, and learning experiments using both qualitative and quantitative methods
- Oversee implementation of learning experiments (such as lean testing, rapid experimentation)
- Ensure that experiments drive organizational learning and decision-making
Turn evidence into action
- Deliver and present high quality ‘Learning Checks’ which aim to work alongside implementing teams, partners, and funders to translate research and learning into action
- Write high quality research briefs, presentations, and papers that effectively communicate results and program/policy recommendations for a variety of stakeholders (such as funders, implementing partners, external audiences).
- Support outreach activities, including drafting blog posts and coordinating social media campaigns
- Creatively utilize evaluation and adaptive learning methods to support R4D and partners’ strategic thinking and service delivery
- Manage stakeholders
- Foster current and future collaborative relationships with the implementation team, innovators, government counterparts, donors, and other technical partners
- Coordinate and manage day-to-day project operations and team priorities for pilot engagements
- Monitor and facilitate the execution of deliverables through collaboration with partner institutions
- Engage with stakeholders at the project development, planning, and service delivery levels
- Work with other senior team members and collaborate with partners and funders to develop new engagements
- Assist with a range of project management and administrative responsibilities, including developing contracts, drafting consultant scopes of work, budgeting and expenditure tracking, organizing meetings and workshops, supporting new staff onboarding
- Minimum BA + 3 years or MA + 1 year of relevant professional experience
- Strong academic record in statistics, economics, mathematics, computer science, or public administration, public policy, public health, or related discipline
- Enthusiastic about joining a diverse and inclusive work environment
- Ability to function flexibly and independently and have a strong commitment to excellence and attention to detail
- Knowledge of and experience with both quantitative and qualitative research methods
- Excellent quantitative coding skills (R/Stata or similar)
- Experience with qualitative coding software, such as Atlas.ti or nVivo, preferred, but not required
- Familiarity with impact evaluation methods and data collection tools
- Experience standardizing data sets to a common format and using data repositories for knowledge management
- Strong writer and oral communicator in English with a proven track record of preparing presentations and reports, as well as an ability to describe technical problems and solutions to a non-technical audience
- Experience working within a multi-disciplinary team including researchers, analysts, and programmers
- Energy, professionalism, and composure under pressure
- Ability to set priorities and handle multiple, competing time and resource demands
- Prior experience with DFID/FCDO a plus
- Willingness to travel internationally up to 25% once COVID-19 restrictions have been lifted