The Senior Program Coordinator in Urban Sponsorship Program in Accountable for the effective and efficient management of the Sponsorship program in the urban areas. The post holder will provide overall leadership in developing strategies to strengthen constituency building and volunteer management through appreciative community mobilization, and promote constituency building as a platform for rights holder to engage policy decision makers.
S/he will work closely with the Director of Sponsorship in developing platforms for coordination and integration with the Urban Program Team, ensuring that the Sponsorship Program contributes to the Urban Strategy. Similar efforts should be demonstrated with other projects where impact areas converge.
The post is expected to closely work with the Senior Program Officer (SPO) and Partnership Officer to strengthen strategic partnership as one of the key components in establishing sustainability mechanisms. This will also entail representing the organization before local institutions, civil society organizations, government agencies and donors.
In the event of a humanitarian crisis in the Sponsorship Impact Areas, the post holder must work with the humanitarian Response Unit in observance of the Humanitarian Imperative.
- At least 3 years experience in project management including multi-sector programming in both development and humanitarian contexts.
- Strong background and proven experience in strategic and tactical planning
- Understanding of rights-based approaches, e.g. child rights programming, gender equality, disability and social inclusion
- Knowledge and understanding of at least one SCP thematic area – Education (e.g Early Child Care and Development; Basic Education); Health and Nutrition (e.g Maternal Child Health and Nutrition, Adolescent Development); Child Protection, Child Rights and Governance or in any cross-thematic areas, e.g, Risk Reduction and Resilience, Gender and Child Participation
- Capacity and willingness to be extremely flexible and accommodating in difficult and sometimes insecure working circumstances
- Knowledge and demonstrable experience of implementing participatory approaches in development/humanitarian work
- Experience in budget management;
- Capacity to analyze and navigate dynamics of stakeholders in the area
- Demonstrable experience on oversight of Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning mechanisms
- Ability to write clear and well-argued assessment and project reports
- Excellent oral and written communication skills; strong presentation and representation skills
- Strong influencing skills and experience in advocacy
- Politically and culturally sensitive with qualities of patience, tact and dimplomacy
- Commitment to the aims and principles of SC, in particular, a good understanding of the SC mandated and child focus and an ability to ensure this underpins all out work
- Willing to travel to any part of the country and be deployed for both humanitarian response and development programming
- Experience of managing a program portfolio
- Background in child rights programming