The Senior Program Manager, Program Advocacy and Communications will help to lead, implement, and execute the strategic and operational aspects of the PAC team in close partnership with GPA and PAC leadership. This role also engages effectively at all levels of the organization; collaborate productively with peers, partners, leaders, staff and consultants while exercising sound judgment using influence appropriately to drive work forward. Additionally, the Senior Program Manager is a highly qualified resource available to PAC leadership and program staff on strategy, planning, management, and foundation operations.
- Provide PAC Deputy Directors with appropriate business and operational support to deliver on team goals.
- Collaborate with Deputy Director, SPM and leadership and key stakeholders to design and facilitate key management processes, including annual planning and budgeting, business performance measurement, scorecard management and resource allocation.
- Support successful implementation of cross-division efforts in partnership with Global Program Operations.
- Partner with GPA Program CFO’s office to support informed strategic investment decisions related to grants and contracts.
- Ensure alignment and cohesion across all required tools and annual requirements, including strategy deliverables, investment and portfolio planning, and bodies of work (budget and headcount)
Strategy Development and Implementation
- Work closely with the DDSPM and PAC Directors to design and implement PAC strategy evolutions
- Work with PAC DDs and POs to refine and strengthen PAC’s PST-facing strategies
- Strengthen the consistency, rigor, evaluation and learning of PAC’s Bodies of Work across PAC strategies
- Lead and cultivate a team of 4-5 Senior Program Coordinators
- Lead large and/or complex projects in support of strategy development, resource allocation (both financial and human), investment management, and business performance management.
- Establish and execute work plans, drive and monitor progress against milestones and key decisions, manage stakeholder communications.
Learning and Knowledge Management
- Design and lead implementation of business process and system improvements to foster a culture of learning and knowledge sharing on the PAC team
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI)
- Serve as an active member of PAC’s DEI Working Group
- In partnership with the DDSPM, PAC Leadership Team and DEI Working Group, work to ensure DEI recommendations are embedded into PAC’s strategies, business processes and reporting
- Manage contracts that support strategy and program development and implementation.
- Work closely with GPA leadership, staff and GPA Program CFO’s office.
- Coordinate appropriately with regional office staff in Washington, DC, Europe, China, India, and Africa.
- Engage daily with partners within and outside of GPA as needed to drive work forward, including Talent Acquisition, Finance, HR, Operations, and IT
- Contribute to cross-foundation initiatives in coordination with Program Managers throughout the organization
- Position reports to: Deputy Director, Strategy, Planning and Management, PAC
Core Knowledge and Skills
- Ability to lead and support a wide array of projects to successful conclusion while operating in a dynamic, rapidly changing environment
- Excellent communication skills (both written and oral), with demonstrated ability to adapt tone and style for broad and diverse audiences
- Strong interpersonal and relationship-building skills; empower teammates and colleagues to understand seemingly complex information to increase capacity and improve effective engagement across the division
- Ability to be creative and successful both collaboratively and as an independent thinker.
- Ability to identify, assess, and develop creative solutions to complex strategic and operational challenges.
- Strong people / team management skills
- Strong analytical and organizational skills, confidence, versatility and initiative
- Ability to navigate a wide range of operational issues including, legal, IT issues, financial, HR
- Ability to work well with a wide range of internal and external partners to incorporate new information and work towards appropriate decisions with and for the team
- Knowledge of strategy development and implementation and interest in helping to build the processes, systems, and strategy to improve program impact
- Experience leading organizations through change; understanding of change management approaches with a focus on continuous improvement frameworks and methods to facilitate optimal outcomes
- Experience with program design, results frameworks, MLE, scorecards and performance management
- Knowledge of policy development and advocacy in donor and developing countries contexts for global health and development issues preferred
- Willingness to travel up to 10%.
Education and Experience
- At least 7-10 years of progressive broad operational experience, including in the areas of strategy, planning, project management, human resources management
- Master’s in business administration, public policy, public affairs or equivalent experience in global health/development preferred
- Management consulting experience preferred