PATH is an international organization that drives transformative innovation to save lives and improve health, especially among women and children. We accelerate innovation across five platforms-vaccines, drugs, diagnostics, devices, and system and service innovations-that harness our entrepreneurial insight, scientific and public health expertise, and passion for health equity. By mobilizing partners around the world, we take innovation to scale, working alongside countries primarily in Africa and Asia to tackle their greatest health needs. Together, we deliver measurable results that disrupt the cycle of poor health.
PATH began its work in India in the late 1990s, bringing governments, communities, private-sector companies, and experienced public health practitioners together to address some of the country’s most crucial health problems. In early 2000, the scope of our India program expanded with a major immunization initiative for the state of Andhra Pradesh. Today, PATH’s India projects focus on TB, immunization, HIV/AIDS, injection safety, maternal health, and more.
PATH is currently recruiting a Senior Program Officer – Health Systems to provide support to PATH’s Tuberculosis projects in Mumbai. The SPO - Health Systems will primarily work closely with the Municipal Corportaion of Greater Mumbai (the local implementor for the Revised National TB Program). He/she will drive PATH’s efforts to integrate the Private Provider Interface Agency model within the RNTCP system, in the form of Patient Provider Support Agency (PPSA). The SPO - Health Systems will liaise with public sector officials and other key stakeholders to ensure private sector engagement activities are integrated in the government program seamlessly. and ensure project success through activities such as coordinating with program team during integration of activities with local government, manage relevant stakeholder communication for successful integration of private sector with government program. The Specialist will also provide inputs (and develop action plans subsequently) in engaging private sector entities for activities outside the realm of the PPIA.
- Work along with WHO consultants to create Project Improvement Plans (PIP) for incorporating private sector patient engagement and activities.
- Liaise with government officials in obtaining the necessary approvals and clearances for it to function effectively for provision of services to private sector through government funds.
- Assist in documentation to integrate private sector TB control activities to be operated by Private Patient Service Agency (PPSA), which will be select local NGOs in Mumbai.
- Ensure regular coordination between STO, DTO and the PPSA agencies for programmatic support of commodities and other PPSA related activities.
- Liaise with the government for diagnostic and Fixed Drug Combination (FDC) provision to private sector.
- Facilitate regular interaction of the PPSA with the District TB Officers so that areas of coordination can be discussed and developed.
- Facilitate review of PPSA activities and performance Assist City TB Office in reviewing the performance of the PPSA through monthly operational dashboards and periodical reports.
- Document key lessonsfrom PPSA strategies and corresponding results on a quarterly basis.
- Develop training/ sensitization material to orient private providers in MCGM’s PPIA initiative and other PPM schemes.
- Identify the organizations that operate in existing RNTCP (Revised National TB Control Program) schemes and identify methods to leverage them for the success of PPSA model.
- Provide inputs to the Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) Specialist at MCGM for fund raising such that the public sector program and PPSA have access to more resources.
- Support program design of CSR engagements for TB related activities.
- Coordinate with the ICT Specialist at the City TB Office and the PPSA staff, to facilitate the patient / provider information flow and case notification in the private sector to Nikshay (government’s TB notification database) system.
- Capture lessons from integration efforts in Mumbai in a way that can be shared with other districts in Maharashtra and India.
- Work towards orienting PPM experts that will be recuited for the upcoming nation wide scale up of PPM efforts.
- Draft research/policy/white papers based on project requirements.
- Post graduate degree in Medicine/Public health
- Minimum five years of experience in technical assistance support to Government, State Health Programs, and private health care institutions
- Experience in projects that involve liaising with Government institutions and private sector players/corporates/healthcare providers/NGOs
- Demonstrated professional leadership and ability to coordinate with a team of professionals in the implementation of development efforts
- Capacity to think creatively in dealing with policy and operational issues while maintaining a strong results-oriented approach
- Knowledge of principles and processes of tuberculosis, DOTS, public and private healthcare systems in India
- Conducting environmental and social impact assessments is preferable but not a must
- Excellent written and oral communication skills. Knowledge of Marathi and Hindi in addition to English will be preferred
- Demonstrable problem-solving and analytical skills.
Must have legal authorization to work in India.
PATH is dedicated to building an inclusive workforce where diversity is valued.
PATH is an equal opportunity employer. Every qualified applicant will be considered for employment. PATH does not discriminate based on race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, genetic information, age, national origin, marital status, disability status, political ideology, military or protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.