PURPOSE OF POSITION:
This is a position within the Program unit, focused primarily on acquisition but also providing program management support to select grants. The job holder will lead program and proposal development and design for high-value, competitive, complex funding opportunities aligned with the Bangladesh Refugee Crisis (BRC) response strategy. He or she will lead proposal planning and development processes by mobilizing a cross-functional proposal team including MEAL, Finance, Technical Advisors and Operations, and Support Office staff, ensuring targeted input and reviews for an efficient and clear proposal development process. The position will support the creation and promotion of strategic alliances with donors, multilateral agencies, and other NGOs for purposes of increasing resources for the vulnerable refugees and host communities BRC response serves. The job holder will review monthly, quarterly and annual reports to ensure quality and compliance and tasks as guided by the Program Director.
- Pursue resource mobilization opportunities aligned to WV Bangladesh BRC strategy and capacities in humanitarian and development sectors; in developing program designs and proposals, the job holder will serve as lead programme officer, ensuring choices of sectoral and geographic programming which maximize impact through the best available approaches and leveraging of programmatic investment in BRCresponse target program areas.
- Proactively pursue and build donor and partner relationships that lead to effective collaboration, sharing of advanced donor intelligence, funding opportunities, and lessons learned to ensure positive impact of WV’s programs on the lives of children, families, and communities. good relationships with donors including, bilateral, multilaterals and Support Offices.
- Maintain the highest quality donor and Support Office (SO) relations by supporting contractual obligations in a timely manner and achieving high quality planning and implementation levels.
- Represent WV Bangladesh BRC Response in various donor and coordination forums at National level and providing programmatic information as required.
- Provide timely, detailed and quality program and reports to Support Offices and donors; support financial reporting.
- Support monitoring of programmes in liaison with QA, partners, Project Managers and Technical Advisors. Support compliance and adherence by Project Managers to WV policies and procedures, donor regulations, and monitoring mechanisms which allow transparent and accountable implementation of projects.
- As requested, build capacity of field staff in reporting, monitoring and application of humanitarian standards.
- Conduct routine field support visits for the purposes of supporting programme management in accordance with internal procedures, good practice, maximize impact and encourage learning.
Programming & Proposal Development:
- Pursue resource mobilization opportunities aligned to the response strategy and capacities in humanitarian and developmental sectors by working closely with key stakeholders in developing proposals for a variety of donors to meet local community needs.
- Mobilize and lead cross-functional proposal development with clear assignments, deadlines and timetable, including appropriate representatives from Ops, Sector Leadss, Finance, MEAL, and SO support. Anticipate strengths and contributions of each proposal team member for maximum efficiency and effectiveness, as well as team satisfaction.
- Anticipate, plan for, and write proposals with high win rate. Lead proposal development, ensuring that sectors and geographic areas which maximize WV’s program impact, cost efficiency, and donor preferences or requirements.
- Regularly review project evaluations, lessons learned workshop documents, field visit reports, and project reports across the program and from other NGOs and donors to apply emerging innovations and best practices in future proposals.
- Assist the Program Director and MEAL specialist in documenting and updating WVS technical program approaches based on emerging practices.
- Relationship Building and Competitive Intelligence Gathering:
- Regularly meet with, brief, and provide updates to current and prospective donor representatives, both in formally and informally to build and strengthen relationships.
- Make presentations to donor and NGO groups to share learning, promote best practices, and coordinate programming, and foster alliances and consortia opportunities.
- Represent BRC response in various donor and coordination forums at National level and provide programmatic information as required to promote WV visibility, servant leadership, and good will with donors including, UN Agencies, bilateral, multilaterals, Support Offices, and NGO peers.
- Research, monitor, and act upon shifting donor strategy, funding, or regulatory information, and inform Program Director and Operations leadership of emerging trends that could positively or negatively affect the program.
Program Reporting & Donor Compliance:
- Provide timely, detailed and quality program reports to Support Offices and donors on grant funded programs.
- Support effective and reliable monitoring of emergency and rehabilitative programs through liaison with partners, Project Managers and Technical Advisors. Proactively raise implementation or compliance challenges with Ops Managers,
- Program Director and SOs.
- Support compliance and adherence by Project Managers/sector leads to WV policies and procedures, donor regulations and monitoring mechanisms which enhance the donor relationship and lead to repeat funding.
- Project Start-up Processes, Monitoring Visits and Support:
- Plan and lead start-up workshop or process to ensure comprehensive hand-over of project to Project Manager and wider grant operational team.
- Participate in field-level Quarterly Review Meetings, visit field project sites, and meet with operations staff to gather emerging challenges, lessons learned, and innovations to apply to future proposals.
- Escort and support facilitation of donors, SOs and partners to the field on monitoring visits.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Educational level required: First degree in Development Studies or related field; preferably a Masters Degree.
- Three years or more working in humanitarian or development field, preferably with one or more previous assignments in fragile contexts.
- Demonstrated proposal development skills: exceptionally strong writer.
- Previous experience in working with multilateral donors such as OFDA/USAID, ECHO & the UN.
- Demonstrated ability to mobilize cross-functional proposal team (technical, ops, field, finance, M&E, Regional/DMT) with right staff at the right time to meet even the tightest deadlines. Can also effectively mobilize multi-partner proposal development teams.
- Networking/external engagement skills: proven experience in networking with donors and partners to bring about funding opportunities. Able to speak persuasively in front of groups.
- Team player; the ability to mobilize and work as part of a diverse team to achieve the overall goal.
- Must adhere to set security standards.
- A strong understanding of gender dynamics at work and in interpersonal relationships: must demonstrate respect for gender diversity.
- Culturally sensitive in professional and personal life.
- Demonstrates well-developed interpersonal skills, excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, as well as negotiation skills.
- Ability to lead and build trust with colleagues across the country and departments.
- Work environment: Cox’s Bazar based.
- May be required to perform other duties not explicitly stated in this job description.