Senior Program Officer
World Vision, Kenya
Closing Date for Applications:
Purpose of the position:
The position will lead in grant acquisition and management of a grant portfolio. Actively build donor relationship in support of acquisition. The job holder will lead program and proposal development and design for high-value, competitive, complex funding opportunities, in line with WVSom strategy. S/he will help with the review monthly, quarterly and annual reports for submission to donors and SOs ensuring quality compliance and donor satisfaction. The position will also support the creation and promotion of strategic alliances with donors, multilateral agencies, and other NGOs for purposes of resources mobilization.
- Programming & Proposal Development (Grants’ Acquisition)
- Grant Management & Compliance
- External Engagement and competitive intelligence gathering
- Field support
- Knowledge Transfer/ Knowledge Management
Qualifications: Education/Knowledge/Technical Skills and Experience
Education: Master’s Degree in Development studies or related field
- 5 years programming experience in a grant funded humanitarian or development program. Preferably with one or two previous assignments in a fragile context.
- Training in humanitarian standards is desirable with specific training in donor requirements e.g. OFDA, DFID, CIDA, DANIDA and Europe Aid.
- Proven experience in networking with donors and partners to bring about funding opportunities.
- Demonstrated ability to mobilize cross-functional proposal team (technical, ops, field, finance, M&E, Regional/HQ) with right staff at the right time to meet even the tightest deadlines. Can also effectively mobilize multi-partner proposal development teams.
- Demonstrate ability to establish and cultivate strong, collaborative relationships
- Strong writing skills.
- Work environment: Office-based
- Travel: No travel is required.