Senior Program Officer
FHI 360, Abuja, Nigeria
Closing Date for Applications:
As a member of the Program Management Team, working with the DDPM, the SPO provides oversight, coordination, monitoring and reporting of SIDHAS project activities in the assigned states.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide management support to the state offices and IAs focusing on work plans, sub agreement management, periodic fund requests, review of MFRs/SFRs, and reporting
- Develop and oversee execution of systems for initiation, implementation, monitoring, amendment and close out of all SIDHAS IAs’ sub agreements
- Ensure that FHI 360 delivers on all its promises to donors and other stakeholders (achieve set targets, deliver quality services)
- Monitor and enforce compliance with donor and FHI 360 policies by states offices and IAs.
- Ensure appropriate monitoring of sub grants to achieve financial, administrative, and programmatic goals.
- Guide and support states offices and IAs in establishing sound management systems to ensure cohesive implementation of project activities.
- Contribute to the development and maintenance of systems that effectively respond to USAID/Nigeria requirements regarding implementation procedures, reporting and evaluation.
- Coordinate capacity development efforts in support of state office and IAs staff and other partners.
- Ensure availability of technical resources and integrate their efforts into overall program.
- Assist in identifying, analyzing and disseminating best practices in the project through the identification of project learning sites and technical support to the program
- Liaise with multiple stakeholders and collaborators to share information, coordinate activities and avoid duplication in the implementation of the programs.
- Remain informed on the current programs in the HIV/AIDS, TB and malaria fields by review of current literature and is alert to any implication of such strategic information for project activities.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Extensive knowledge of health and development programming in a developing country.
- Basic accounting and financial management skills.
- Working knowledge of major donor policies (USAID) as well as international not-for- profit organizations.
- Sensitivity to cultural differences and understanding of the political and ethical issues surrounding HIV infection.
- Proven ability to coordinate a multisectoral development project.
- Excellent community mobilization, advocacy and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to organize systems to monitor administrative and implementation results.
- Report to supervisor on variances and status on regular basis.
- Work independently with initiative to manage high volume work flow.
- Perform detail-oriented work with a high level of accuracy.
- Interact with diplomacy and tact and follow-up on requests in timely and efficient manner.
- Use a computer to accurately and rapidly enter and retrieve data and information.
- Excellent written, oral and interpersonal communication skills with ability to work as a team member.
- Ability to plan and prioritize own work under tight deadlines, as well as to work on own initiative and as a member of a team.
- Ability to travel a minimum of 25%.
Qualifications and requirements:
- BS/BA in public health, business administration, health sciences, behavioral sciences or its recognized equivalent with 7 – 9 years of relevant experience with international development programs.
- Or MS/MA degree in public health, business administration, health sciences, behavioral sciences or its recognized equivalent with 5 – 7 years relevant experience with international development programs.
- Demonstrated success in multicultural environments is required.
- This job posting summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.