Senior Program Officer
World Vision International(WVI), Amman, Jordan
Closing Date for Applications:
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
- World Vision International – Jordan is seeking a qualified and highly motivated individual to expand World Vision’s portfolio in Jordan to continue to respond to the country’s humanitarian and development needs.
- Under the direction of the Programmes Development Quality Assurance (PDQA) Manager, the Senior Programme Officer will serve as the Programmes department’s lead program design and proposal writer/ S/He will directly manage Programmes staff, collaborate with all other World Vision Jordan (WVJ) departments (Operations, Finance, Human Resources, Support Services, etc), liaise internal (WV partnership) and external stakeholders, and ensure all World Vision’s programmes and proposals maintain high standards, in line with World Vision and international standards.
Program Design, Monitoring, and Quality Assurance:
- Lead on the design and development and submissions of proposals to donors in line with WVJ strategy.
- Review all proposals before submission for quality, consistency, clarity, and strategy alignment.
- Conduct program design workshops during proposal process.
- Ensure the input from various WVJ departments for comprehensive programme design.
- Lead concept generation meetings and progress review meetings.
- Oversee grants management processes for quality assurance.
- Lead on pre-positioning with selected key donors for strategy and proposal alignment.
- Serve as donor focal point on funded grants.
- Coordinate with Support Office (SO) offices and Global Center for proposal and strategy development.
- Monitor implementation of the grant and compile reports back to donor and SO.
- Manage program officers, trainees, and seconded staff.
- Build capacity of managed staff through internal and external opportunities.
- Serve as OIC in absence of PDQA manager and support PDQA manager as needed.
- Additional Support to PDQA.
Design, Monitoring & Evaluation (DME):
- Support the implementation of the programme monitoring system including external and internal reporting.
- Assist DME team to plan, implement, analyse and share findings from assessments and programme monitoring.
- Consult with the Accountability officer to ensure the design of programmes takes local capacities into account, builds on them and maximizes community participation.
- Assist with the development and support the implementation of community consultation and information provision mechanisms.
- Integrate data from complaints and feedback mechanisms into internal and external reporting.
- Ensure reporting and programming meets WV minimum quality standards and supports improvement, reflection and learning (includes RTE and Lessons Learned events).
- Support IM officer to maintain response IM system.
- Compile and analyse relevant information to inform programme design, programme management, operational improvement and promote learning.
- Deploy internationally as Senior Program Officer when requested.
- Assist Operations Team as needed and appropriate.
- Present internally and externally on WVJ operations when needed.
Safety and Security Responsibilities:
- Responsible of own security and actively contribute to a positive security culture.
- Abide by the security policies and procedures and report any incidents or breaches to line manager and / or security manager.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Masters Degree in relevant area (Int’l Development, Humanities, Social Work, Business Administration, etc).
- Or Bachelor's degree with equivalent work experience (4 years).
- Understanding of the aid architecture (UN systems, Cluster system).
- Strong writing skills with a focus on clarity, brevity and research.
- Monitoring and evaluation knowledge.
- Public speaking and meeting facilitation skills.
- Technically conversant in either Education, Child Protection, WASH, Renewable Energy, Youth Empowerment, or Gender Equality.
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office, Google Platforms.
- Strong planning and time management skills.
- Design experience with communication materials.
- Work collaboratively with team members when assigned to work as part of a team.
- Work experience in international relief and development in various geographical areas, or extensive experience in one area; totaling 4-7 years.
- Prior staff management experience.
- Direct work experience acquiring and/or managing grants from UN, Private or Government agencies, institutional foundations or major individuals preferred.
- Proven proposal writing experience leading successful proposal of various sizes and scopes.
- Program development and management.
- Nonprofit fundraising and/or donor relations.
- Arabic language skills.
- Knowledge of Syrian Crisis.
- Work experience in Arab countries