Overview of the role
ESF is seeking is seeking a proven professional for the position of program officer focused on educational content development, program design and implementation. The position includes four main components:
1) Support and eventually lead program implementation, including oversight on the ground;
2) Manage and initiate relationships with partners, artists and other stakeholders;
3) Contribute to program design and development, and
4) Contribute to the development of content development for the ESF/Funtasia curriculum.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferred an MA degree in fields related to education, social sciences or humanities.
- Minimum of five years of relevant experience in the area of program development and implementation or education, ideally in a non-governmental organization setting.
- Experience working in an internationally focused environment welcomed.
- Preferred experience in
- working with technology and teams in various geographical locations.
SKill, ability and interest
- Demonstrated understanding of the complexity of internationally focused programs.
- Demonstrated excellence in communication – verbal and written.
- Demonstrated excellence in working with people from diverse cultures and countries.
- Demonstrated ability and experience working with children and/or youth.
- Self-motivated, detail-oriented, creative, strategic, highly organized, yet flexible and very open-minded.
- Ability to quickly absorb new information and transfer it to others.
- Ability to work in a fast paced, team-oriented environment.
- Strong ability to manage expectations of a diverse group of stakeholders.
- Ability to travel locally and internationally.
- Strong multicultural sensitivity and ability to build cross-cultural consensus.
- Fluent (close to mother tongue) knowledge of English and Arabic.
- Life-long learner.
- Keep track of the programs and maintain an oversight in preparations, execution and wrapping up of the program, including reporting.
- Support the on the ground program implementation, eventually taking on the lead role in the implementation and oversight of programs
- Initiate systems of streamlining of new programs.
- Analyse and put together data descriptives from evaluations and assessments for monitoring and evaluation purposes.
- Write reports, develop concept notes, preparing budget files, material lists, workshops, etc.
- Keeping notes on the needs, progress, next steps and following up on them as needed.
- Archiving the necessary notes, reports and materials.
- Local logistics, help and coordinate Project Managers.
Relationships with partners and artists
- Help in identifying potential partners and developments in the field of education and other curriculum foci.
- Management and strengthening of collaborative relationships on the ground, along with Project managers and other program officers when necessary (such as other NGOs and institutions).
- Relationship management with artists, partners, trainers, third parties, etc.: follow ups, meeting notes, and keeping record and track.
- Convey and train others in understanding and being able to communicate the vision, mission and spirit of ESF and Funtasia.
Program design and Development
- Assess and plan, continuously, programmatic needs of ESF and respond to them – regarding partnerships, content, execution.
- Prepare thoroughly, with SED, goals, objectives, needs, task lists, partners necessary for a given program and design it accordingly: from youth programming to adult training. Additionally, keeping track of the above and send reminders as needed.
- Research in the field of creative learning, arts-based learning, holistic health, gardening, coding, and other areas of curriculum focus.
- Help in locating resources for the various topics of the curriculum.
- Support the SED in developing culturally contextualized activities, modules and units of the various curricula.
- Provide an innovative insight to curriculum development.
Additional Responsiblities:Be active and forthcoming about new ideas and feedback about the program, the team and youth.
It is expected that the role may evolve.
Terms: Full time, contract-based. This contract is for the period of two year with a possibility of a two-month notice on the side of the employee and employer with a three-month trial period. The position includes mandatory training to reach the full terms of the position.
Salary: To be discussed during the first call
Reporting to: Senior Education Director
Please send your resume and cover letter, with salary requirements to email@example.com no later than April 25th, 2017. Only competitive candidates will be contacted and invited to participate in the selection process.