Senior Programme Assistant
Closing Date for Applications:
The Senior Programme Assistant (SPA) provides clerical, administrative and programmatic assistance to the Human Dimension Department (HDD) under the direct supervision the National Anti-Trafficking Officer and indirectly by the Head of the HDD. The incumbent performs the below described duties related to the Trafficking in Human Beings, Migration and freedom of movement of the HDD POiB, as well as other topic and activities of HDD as required by the program operation.
Tasks and Responsibilities
The incumbent has a particular focus on combatting trafficking in human beings and addressing migration activities and under the supervision of the National Anti-Trafficking Officer and Head of the HDD, will perform the following duties:
- Collecting, registering, reporting and maintaining information on project activities by reviewing reports and establishing and maintaining liaison with partners for implementation, following up on all aspects of specific HDD, including project formulation and provision of functional support to project implementation; in coordination with partners for implementation assessing program implementation and other related issues; report regularly to the immediate supervisor, prepare various written outputs, draft background and briefing papers;
- Monitoring and reporting on human rights, trafficking in human beings, freedom of movement and migration-related legislation and developments, particularly at the national and local levels, using various sources of information such as: official documents, newswires and mass media, reports by NGOs and other experts, reports by other international organizations and diplomatic missions, other sources;
- Drafting, preparing, implementing, monitoring and evaluating projects, budgets, financial and narrative reports related to the human rights trafficking in human beings, freedom of movement and migration activities of the OSCE Programme Office in Bishkek (POiB). Assisting in the identification of national and international experts and other partners; arranging the logistical aspects related to the organization of events. Provide interpretation and translation when required/ Maintaining the relevant documentation and filing system;
- Contributing to briefing, training and other reports related to the mission’s activities(Spot Reports, Background Reports, periodical Activity Reports, other reports asassigned), as well as talking points and speeches for the Head of POiB, Deputy Head of POiB, Head of the HDD, RoL Officer, National Anti-Trafficking Officer, and other officers of the POiB upon request. Drafting press releases and other public relations material related to the work of the Human Department. Attending seminars/roundtablesand other events organized by state institutions, NGOs and other partner organizations,and preparing relevant memos to keep the office informed;
- Maintaining regular correspondence and working relations with state institutions (inparticular State Migration Service, Parliament, National Human Rights Institutions, the judiciary, the central and local governments, law enforcement bodies and the other relevant ministries), international and national non-governmental organizations, human rights defenders, and other diplomatic missions. Arranges meetings for National Anti-Trafficking Officer, and/or Human Dimension Department (HDD) with officials, representatives of the international organizations and NGOs;
- Assisting and maintaining regular working relations with OSCE institutions (Secretariat, Office for Democratic Institutions and Human Rights/ODIHR, CTHB etc.) in the implementation of human rights and trafficking in human beings and migration activities and/or inquiries related to Kyrgyzstan and during country visits by delegations;
- Accompanying the National Anti-Trafficking Officer, and/or Human Dimension Department (HDD) and/or other relevant HDD staff on regular field visits and participate fully in subsequent discussions and decision-making follow up action as/when required. Preparing drafts and notes for National Anti-Trafficking Officer and/or the Head of HDD on specific issues and topics as/when requested;
- Performs other related duties on cross-dimensional issues;
- Performing other duties as assigned.
- Secondary education with a focus on law, political science, and/or the humanities supplemented by formal training in law, social sciences, with a possible specialization in human rights and rule of law;
- Minimum 6 years of work experience in the field of human rights and fundamental freedoms, particularly in monitoring, drafting reports and managing projects,preferably at international organizations, diplomatic missions and/or international non-governmental organizations with a focus on THB, freedom of movement or migration. Knowledge of the international and regional human rights systems (UN and OSCE in particular), and the domestic legal system and state institutions of Kyrgyzstan, particularly related to human rights;
- Computer literate with practical experience with Microsoft packages;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English, Russian and local languages.
- Core values
- Commitment: Actively contributes to achieving organizational goals
- Diversity: Respects others and values their diverse perspectives and contributions
- Integrity: Acts in a manner consistent with the Organization’s core values and organizational principles
- Accountability: Takes responsibility for own action and delegated work
- Communication: Actively works to achieve clear and transparent communication with colleagues and with stakeholders of the Organization
- Collaboration: Works effectively with others on common goals and fosters a positive, trust-based working environment
- Planning: Works towards the achievement of goals in a structured and measured manner
- Analysis and decision-making: Analyses available information, draws well-founded conclusions and takes appropriate decisions
- Initiative-taking: Proposes and initiates new ideas, activities and projects
- Flexibility: Responds positively and effectively to changing circumstances
- Managerial competencies (for positions with managerial responsibilities)
- Leadership: Provides a clear sense of direction, builds trust and creates an enabling environment
- Strategic thinking: Identifies goals that advance the organizational agenda and develops plans for achieving them
- Managing performance: Helps to maximize team performance by providing active feedback and skill development opportunities.