Senior Programme Associate
World Food Programme, Islamabad, Pakistan
Closing Date for Applications:
To provide effective coordination and specialized support to a full range of policy and programme activities that effectively meet food assistance needs.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
- Provide specialized expertise and contribute towards the development of project activities, plans and processes within the specific technical area of work ensuring alignment with wider programme policies and guidelines.
- Provide efficient coordination and specialized project management support to a range of specific and/or defined programmes to ensure that the various activities are performed within the established targets following WFP's policies and procedures.
- Within the specific area of responsibility, prepare a variety of elaborated reports and substantial data analysis (e.g. food assistance needs, resource utilization, programme status, performance) and make recommendations to supervisors, ensuring deliverables adhere to corporate standards and quality control.
- Lead and ensure accurate, timely recording of data within the specific technical area of work (e.g. assistance programmes, food security and vulnerability assessments) and consistency of information presented to stakeholders.
- Foster relationships and support partnership-building with local partners, agencies, NGOs and government institutions to perform accurate food security analyses and to ensure efficient delivery of food assistance.
- Support the capacity building of WFP staff, cooperating partners and national government within a specific technical area.
- Act as an escalation point for complex query resolution on all matters within the area of responsibility.
- Manage a team of support staff, providing advice, guidance and training, to ensure individual and team objectives are delivered to agreed standards and deadlines.
- Follow standard emergency preparedness practices to ensure WFP is able to quickly respond and deploy needed resources to affected areas at the onset of the crisis.
DESIRED EXPERIENCES FOR ENTRY INTO THE ROLE
- Proven track record as good community mobilizer;
- Ability to communicate in English for both orally and in writing; ability to communicate in local ethnic language and strong inter and intra personal communication skills;
- Good analytical, facilitation, negotiation skills;
- At least five (5) year experience working with NGOs, NPAs or the government;
- Ability to communicate clearly and to interact with government partners;
- Ability to work in a team, establish effective working relations with persons of different cultural backgrounds;
- Flexibility in accepting work assignments outside normal desk description and ability to work under pressure, in hardship environments.
- Has participated in implementing technical programs (i.e. nutrition, etc.).
- Has implemented programmes with increased level of responsibility