If you are a committed, creative professional and are passionate about making a lasting difference for children in the world's thereby ensuring a better future for every child, this is the chance to make a difference. Under the guidance of the Chief of Section, support in the planning of programme resources in compliance with policies and procedures. Provide operational support to develop, execute and monitor the inputs for the country programme for timely and effective programme delivery. Support in close monitoring and reporting on the fund utilization in line with the programme implementation.
Major duties and responsibilities:
Contribute for the planning and management of resources available with the section following the principles of Value for Money and Results Based Budgeting for effective implementation of programme and optimum utilization of funds.
- Facilitate the preparation of Rolling Work Plans and associated budgets through results based budgeting processes.
- Support in the preparation of fund allocation plan for the programme sector based on the resource envelope and donor conditionality and ensure timely allocation of funds.
- Generate fund utilization reports and present analysis for the optimal utilization of resources. Ensure that expiring grants are fully utilized before expiry.
- Process transactions in VISION in accordance with the policies and procedures.
- Monitor open documents in VISION and take timely action to ensure proper utilization of funds and closure of documents.
Coordinate to prepare of partnership agreements and lead the process of HACT implementation.
- Coordinate with Section Chief and Specialists to prepare partnership agreements as per the guidelines by ensuring proper documentation for review.
- Ensure that funds are released to Implementing Partners (IPs) on time, follow up for timely liquidation of outstanding advances and scrutinize submissions.
- Coordinate to prepare HACT plan, monitor assurance activities as per the HACT protocol and advice colleagues in the section for compliance. Prepare quarterly HACT reports.
- Coordinate/conduct micro assessments and spot checks and undertake capacity building activities and other risk control measures.
- Prepare training material and conduct exercises pertaining to HACT related processes and procedures for partners.
Support the Section in preparing SMART Terms of References and managing contracts.
- Support in the preparation of the ToRs with appropriate budget and related documentation for hiring institutions and individuals necessary for effective programme delivery.
- Co-ordinate in the preparation of supply plan and periodically update and share with S&P Section.
- Support the Section in contracts management, timely payment to vendors and closure of contracts.
Support to programme monitoring and reporting of results.
- Assist monitoring of programme activities by collating a variety of records and reports and creating a national overview.
- Carry out sample analysis of good practices in programme management by various states that includes analysis of unit costing following the principles of value for money. Provide input at the section meetings and network meetings.
- Carry out Follow up on recommendations emanating from field visits and programme reviews of various states and prepare action taken reports based on inputs from states.
Provide administrative support to the Section for effective and efficient management.
- Support the section in organizing workshops, meetings, conferences and events in collaboration with Admin. Section/contractors.
- Collate leave/travel plan and maintain leave records for all staff in the section.
- Prepare the fund forecast and share with finance quarterly.
- Assist the chief to identify appropriate funds for respective posts and provide Funding Certificates for new positions/extension of staff contracts.
Maintain a document repository for the sector and ensure quality of reports
- Maintain information management system for sectoral data to monitor progress against intended results. Analyze complex data sets and information for easy understanding and present as per requirements
- Provide oversight in terms of adherence to quality checks and deadlines for donor reports by States and Section and provide inputs for the same. Guide state offices on donor conditionality.
Requirements of the position (QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES):-
- Completion of secondary education, preferably supplemented by technical or university courses in a field related to the work of the organization.
- Seven years of progressively responsible clerical or administrative work, of which at least one year was closely related to support of programme activities.
- Fluency in English. Knowledge of the local working language of the duty station is an asset.