Senior Programme Associate
World Food Programme , Cox's Bazar, Bangladesh
Closing Date for Applications:
- The Bangladesh Country Strategic Plan (CSP) 2017-2020 approved by the WFP Executive Board in its first session of 2017 became effective on 1 April 2017. It aims to contribute to four Strategic Outcomes that are aligned to the four Strategic Results of SDG 2 (Zero Hunger) and SDG 17 (Partnerships for Development). A total of 13 activities are planned to be implemented to achieve the contributions to the five Strategic Outcomes.
- Under the Integrated Road Map (IRM) WFP has committed to a new way of working, linking not only all activities to the defined Strategic Outcomes but also linking the resources used for implementing the activities to the results achieved
- In line with Strategic Objective 1 and Strategic Objective 2, WFP is leading a consortium in the implementation and management of a US funded school feeding programme in Cox’s Bazar. This three year programme requires strong accountability to donors in the areas of programme, procurement monitoring and evaluation and finance. It is envisioned that, at the end of the three years, the programme will be handed over to the Government of Bangladesh.
- At this level, job holders are responsible for the completion of a range of specialized and/or standardized processes and activities requiring some interpretation of standard guidelines and practices. Job holders are able to recommend a course of action to staff at various levels and may allocate tasks to other support staff. They work under minimum supervision, perform basic analyses and compile reports to support information consistency and smooth implementation of programmes/projects.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
This job is located in Cox’s Bazar and reports to head of unit. Under the supervision of head of school feeding unit, the incumbent will be responsible for the following duties:
- Oversee and ensure accurate, timely recording of data within the specific technical area of work (e.g. daily/ weekly report, materials, including leaflets, newsletters, handouts, PowerPoint presentations) and consistency of information presented to stakeholders.
- Provide technical support and assist in the implementation of School Feeding activities in refugee camps and host communities Cox’s Bazar.
- Led the team and manage the school feeding programme in absence of Unit Head
- Foster relationships and support partnership-building with local partners, agencies, NGOs and government institutions to perform accurate food security analyses and to ensure efficient delivery of food assistance.
- Support the capacity building of WFP staff, cooperating partners and national government within a specific technical area.
- Coordinate and liaise with internal counterparts on a range of complex matters to enable effective collaboration, implementation and monitoring of ongoing project activities.
- Act as an escalation point for complex query resolution on all matters within the area of responsibility.
- Manage a team of support staff, providing advice, guidance and training, to ensure individual and team objectives are delivered to agreed standards and deadlines.
- Support compliance with donor and corporate requirements including regular donor reporting, workplans, missions and other requests.
- Assist Head of School Feeding for timely Field Level Agreement with partners and the amendments required.
- Assess administrative and financial procedures, practices and documents of cooperating partners to identify possible weakness or risk and manage effective action plans.
- Initiate evidence creation activities, work with communications team and partners for preparation of documentary, videos, presentations for donors and government.
- Receive and collate comments and feedback from cooperating partners, beneficiaries, and beneficiaries, to support identifying programmatic issues with a view to fostering efficient operations
- Perform other duties as per requirement .
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- University degree (bachelor’s degree or equivalent) and/or post-graduate in English, Education, Social Science, or any other relevant field. Advanced professional degree in education is preferable.
- At least six years of progressively growing responsible work experience, including three years of decision-making, and management experience in implementing literacy programs consistent with partner activity monitoring. Experience working directly in academic improvement and report writing will be considered as an asset.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
- Training and/or experience utilizing computers, including word processing, spreadsheet and other WFP standard software packages and systems eg. COMET. General knowledge of UN system administrative policies, rules, regulations and procedures in the area of administration.
LANGUAGE : Fluency in both oral and written communication in English and Bangla.