The United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) WFP is recognized as the leading solution provider and partner in the struggle to end hunger and malnutrition and particularly for its efforts to reach those furthest behind first.
Being the frontline agency of the United Nations system that delivers innovative hunger solutions to 81 countries each day worldwide; WFP’s 14,800+ strong staff share a vision and commitment to end hunger by 2030. Tackling the causes -- not just the symptoms – and operating in the remotest corners of the world, with all logistical means necessary, WFP’s results-focussed team provides nutritious and life-saving food and cash assistance when necessary. Bringing unrivalled experience and operating in the world’s most high profile, difficult environments, WFP upholds the humanitarian principles of humanity, integrity impartiality and neutrality.
In successfully achieving the Sustainable Development Goal 2 (SDG 2) i.e Zero Hunger by 2030, the WFP team actively fosters partnerships with governments, communities, local authorities, civil societies, other UN agencies and the private sector.
WFP Malawi is seeking qualified and dynamic candidate for the position as detailed below;
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- Education: Malawi School Certifcate of Education, with First University Degree in Social Science, Statistics, Demography, Economics, or Development.
- Language: Fluency in both oral and written communication in English language.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
- Provide technical support and assist in the development and implementation of various activities and processes within the specific area of work supporting alignment with wider program policies and guidelines;
- Prepare a range of reports and data analysis e.g. food assistance needs, programme status, performance and highlight trends/issues ensuring deliverables adhere to corporate standards and quality control;
- Ensure accurate, timely recording of data within the specific technical area of work (e.g. programme, food security and vulnerability assessments) and consistency of information presented to stakeholders
- Liaise with internal counterparts to support effective collaboration, implementation and monitoring of ongoing project activities;
- Support the capacity building of WFP staff, cooperating partners and national government within the specific technical area
- Contribute to the analysis of outcome data and recommend improvements to programme interventions and enhance WFP ability to demonstrate outcome focused results;
- Produce and share monitoring progress reports with status of results and implementation of improvements;
- Follow up on monitoring findings to ensure that corrective actions are taken and/ or adjustments are made to programme response as required;
- Liaise with WFP sub/field offices, relevant Government departments and implementing Partners on output monitoring issues (i.e. report submission, training, etc.) where necessary in coordination with the rest of the M & E team
- Ensure timely data entry and consistency with all data management tools and databases
- In coordination with Monitoring Assistants Coordinator, monitor the flow of output (first level outputs-beneficiaries, tonnage, C & V) data from field for all programme while ensuring timely and quality data;
- Any other duties assigned.
OTHER SPECIFIC JOB REQUIREMENTS
M&E Concepts: Better understanding of M&E concepts including: basic monitoring and evaluation concepts and the purpose of M&E; project cycle and results chain (outputs/ outcomes/ impact/ interventions); Understand and interpret results framework, M&E Framework
Data Collection, Entry & Database Management:
- Possess skills for using and monitoring/supervising the use of key qualitative tools, including: key informant interviews; focus group discussions; use of direct observations and commonly used interactive tools
- Understand a variety of quantitative methods and tools, and how to select the most appropriate method or tool for various purposes.
- Vast experience of data entry in different databases and data cleaning using standard acceptable techniques.
- Knowledge and experience of different strategies to improve data quality during data gathering and data entry phase, including managing different databases.
- Experience in analyzing quantitative survey data using data analytic software (SPSS, STATA)
- Analyzing routine monitoring data using computer packages (i.e., Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Access).
- Know how to write narrative reports, including the ability to: write executive summaries; create and use tables in reports and presentations effectively; produce and use graphs and charts in reports and presentations effectively and present and use statistics effectively and responsibly.
- Ability to collect and compile reports, check the consistency of the report and compare them with the targets
DESIRED EXPERIENCES FOR ENTRY INTO THE ROLE
- Progressive professional experience in project/ programme monitoring.
- Previous experience in humanitarian or development Programme/project is an added advantage,