Senior Programme Manager
Christian aid, Lilongwe, Malawi
Closing Date for Applications:
About the role
- The role will manage the ECRP within the approved contract between Christian Aid and DFID, Irish Aid and Norwegian Embassy.
- This role will include managing a team of specialists from various member Organizations to ensure effective management and delivery of the programme and appropriate support for implementating partners.
- The role will also ensure a strong link between ECRP and advocacy and provide representation for programme and on country / regional issues where appropriate.
- To engage with effective liaison and networking with all relevant actors with relation to the programme and the contract between the donor and Christian Aid.
- The Head of Programmes will work across the consortium to lead effective programme delivery and ensure the highest standard
- of programmatic quality amongst consortium members and implementing partners.
- Programme leadership will need to be responsive to the changing environment in which we work, both externally and internally, whilst remaining focused on the objectives for the ECRP programme.
- Specifally the role will be expected to acheive the following outcomes;
- Effective Programme/contract delivery with impact in line with agreed outcomes of the programme and contract.
- The Programme supervised, managed and delivered successfully.
- Project management conducted within the framework of the contract between Christian Aid and the donor. Ensure funds used for designated purposes.
- Ensure effective compliance and financial management of the Programme components
- Technical leads are well managed, to bring most relevant technical support to the partners and input to the programme.
- Advocacy and policy work influenced by the aims of the Programme.
- Substantial experience of managing complex projects or Programmes with multiple stakeholders
- Substantial experience of managing network and multi-partner development programs.
- Ideally demonstrated extensive years of relevant experience.
- Substantial management and leadership experience (excellent supervision, interpersonal and team-building skills)
- Substantial experience of working with National Government and International Donor Community
- Proven experience with donors & stakeholder networking up to Government level or in the private sector
- Experience in the management of livelihoods projects/ climate change adaptation related programmes
- Exeprience in working with DFID, or other donor funded projects.
- Experience with monitoring and evaluation in complex multi- country Programmes.
- Conversant with Communications and Marketing, especially through digital and new media.
- Previous or current experience with ECRP at Senior Management level will be added advantage.
How To Apply:
- If you are Interested kindly use the following link to apply: https://jobs.christianaid.org.uk/vacancy/senior-programme-manager-head-of-programme-ecrp-0861/879/description/