PROFILE FOR SENIOR MANAGER - PROGRAMS
United Way Delhi (UWD) is a not-for-profit organization which has been working relentlessly since 2008 to advance 'common good' for the local community through innovative programs in education, health, livelihood and environment. You can read about us at www.unitedwaydelhi.org. It is an independent local not for profit organization, affiliated to the United Way Global Family (www.unitedway.org), one of world's largest leadership and support networks with 1800 affiliate members across 41 countries. UWD is one of the 7 independent United Way's operating in India under the United Way of India network.
Position: Snr. Programs Manager
The person(s) to be appointed will be responsible for the following:
- Ensure that programs are rolled out as per approved program framework and key performance indicators and is operationalized through approved plans\proposals across project locations
- Ensure program and project monitoring on a monthly and quarterly basis. Closely monitor and review project activities, ensure that activities are on track, escalate emerging risks when activities are off track
- Ensure a deep engagement with the communities, not for profit partners and key stakeholders.
- Building a strong team culture to deliver the organization’s program mandate
- Make regular field visits to monitor the project progress and submit visit reports with observations and recommendations.
- Assist in developing term of references for commissioning reviews studies, and evaluations and monitor these closely as per deliverables
- Facilitate the development of program budgets, monitor the expenditure and ensure modifications as required
- Participate in audit wrap up and follow up on the suggested actions in coordination with the Internal Auditor and Finance officers
- Facilitate trainings, workshops, events, partner meetings, including identification of participants, resource agencies/facilitators and general logistical support
- Identifying new opportunity for interventions and contribute to project proposal development
External Engagement and Communication
- Coordinate and facilitate donor visits/ National or International team/guests
- Represent projects and their learning’s with key stakeholders (donors, governments, networks etc.) to further the mission of UWD
- Support Fund Raising Events
- Develop and maintain comprehensive electronic data base and inventory of all the communication and knowledge products developed under the project and showcase project work at designated internal and external forums
- Developing Employee Engagement Plan based on program need and facilitating its execution
Partner Engagement and Communication
- Maintain close relationship and communication with partners ensuring effective implementation of the project activities and impact
- Ensure a two way learning process between UWD and Partners
- Work with partners to produce high quality periodic project progress reports, case studies and proposals
- In coordination with partners and UWD Team, ensure timely submission of following reports: internal progress reports (monthly, quarterly and annual) Utilization Certificates, fund request, cash flows, Detail Implementation Plan, etc.
Others: Carry out any other work assigned by Management
- Design, Implementation, monitoring and evaluation of the project(s)
- Periodic monitoring of programs \ projects to understand their progress and re-strategizing program activities on the analysis drawn from monitoring
- Preparation of reports and documentation
- Analysis, interpretation and application of baseline-end line or other research studies for programs.
- Networking and linking with NGOs, corporates and other stakeholders.
- Team coordination and optimum use of limited resources.
- Management of corporate volunteering activities.
Skills and Abilities
- Deep understanding of social issues, especially in Delhi NCR
- Knowledge and Experience of working in not for profit environment
- Good understanding and sensitivity of rights issues (of women, children and other marginalized and vulnerable communities)
- Training and experience of PMIE tools
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills in English and Hindi;
- Highly organized, disciplined and self-motivated; able to set, manage and meet deadlines and manage multiple tasks with strict attention to detail;
- Demonstrates creativity, initiative, ability to work independently, work under minimum supervision and a strong sense of personal responsibility for the quality of work performed;
- Adept at teamwork, with congenial professional manner; and possess the ability to relate well with others across multiple cultures, working styles and other differences;
- Utmost personal and professional integrity when working independently, managing critical stakeholder relationships, handling confidential information, overseeing project finances, etc
- Basic computer skill, Proficiency in MS Office tools,
- Able to travel within and outside (up to 30%) Delhi as per requirement.
Place of Posting: Delhi
Qualifications and Work Experience
- Post Graduate from a recognized University / Institution in Social Work, PGDRD/MA/ or related fields.
- 8-12 years of relevant project and team management experience in Not for Profits
- Exposure to integrated community development programs desirable
- Experience of working in urban environment, especially in Delhi NCR desirable
How to Apply
Kindly send your detailed CV outlining your job experience of not more than 4 pages with a covering letter giving a brief write up as to how you are suitable for the opening by 15th July, 2019 on email@example.com.
Due to the volume of responses received for advertised posts, it will not be possible to correspond with each applicant and only the shortlisted applicants will be contacted.