Senior Project Financial and Administrative Manager, Mekong Program
PATH, Hanoi, Vietnam
Closing Date for Applications:
Responsibilities will include:
- Provide financial and administrative support in the design, implementation, and monitoring of project activities.
- Analyze project expenses, pipeline and burn-rate, including sub-recipient financial reports, on a monthly and quarterly basis; review project expenses with Responsible Project Managers (RPM) on a monthly basis.
- Develop and manage project budgets, including proposal budgets, budget narratives, annual budgets and work plan budgets.
- Interact with donor to ensure understanding of award requirements and obtain appropriate donor approval as required.
- Document and accurately communicate deliverables, milestones, and award compliance requirements to RPM and program staff.
- Advise project staff on donor and PATH requirements; and provide training on financial management, recordkeeping, operational systems, and policies as needed.
- Work with program staff and Headquarter staff to develop, finalize, and administer subagreements, subcontracts, MOU, consultant agreements, work orders and other related project agreements, and ensure compliance with donors and PATH policies and procedures.
- Lead the performance of sub-recipient risk assessment, document the results, findings and determine monitoring plan and follow up.
- Effectively communicate deliverable deadlines to sub-recipients and follow up. Orient sub-recipients to ensure understanding of donor and project regulations, cost norms and requirements. Ensure the financial monitoring of all project sub-grants in accordance with proper accounting principles and donor requirements.
- Lead procurement process to ensure proper planning, purchasing, mechanism and distribution of project products in compliance with PATH policies and donor regulations.
- Collaborate with program staff and Headquarters to prepare and finalize donor financial reports.
- Prepare financial reports to donors if required.
- Manage project (including sub-recipient) and donor audit process and take prompt action to improve system to respond to audit findings (if any).
- Support project teams to prepare for workshops, trainings, meetings and other project activities as needed.
- Supervise a team of Project Financial Analysis and Administrative Officers, Provide training, coaching, guidance and technical support to those team members as required, and provide necessary feedback to the Mekong Operations Officer.
- Network with financial and administrative staff from other peer organizations.
- Other tasks as assigned.
- Excellent skills in Microsoft Excel and Word.
- Well-organized and high level of attention to details with good follow-through skills.
- Excellent negotiating and communication skills.
- Proven interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively in a complex multicultural environment.
- Excellent written and spoken Vietnamese and English.
- University degree plus a minimum of ten years relevant work experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Strong experience with donor compliance and sub-recipient monitoring.
- Experience working with International NGOs and Government partners a plus.
- Experience in communicating with stakeholders from distance.
- Experience managing a team of professionals.
- At least five years in supervisory role.
- Strong administrative and financial management experience.