The Senior Project Manager is responsible for the day-to-day operations of the projects, provides services to the different donors, partners and beneficiaries. The Senior Project Manager acts on behalf of the Project Board to manage the project on an ongoing basis during the Implementation Stage. The main responsibility of the Project Manager is to ensure that the Project results are delivered within the specified tolerances of the Project in terms of time, cost, quality, scope, risk and benefits. The Project Manager is expected to meet the organization's performance and delivery objectives.
The Senior Project Manager has the authority to assign, in accordance with the Project Plan, work packages to the Team Leaders and approve the deliverables produced by them.
The ENP is the decentralized Institution of the Government of the Republic of Honduras as the authority in all maritime ports and dry ports in the country. Its objective is to contribute to the economic development of the country, strengthening the physical and technological logistics that facilitate trade. For this, it provides services, facilities and infrastructures, equipment, adequate and efficient management systems in logistics chains and ports.
Under the direction and supervision of the Country Director and the Portfolio Manager, the Senior Project Manager will have the following main responsibilities:
Results and performance:
- Develop, complete, and update implementation plans.
- Cooperate with any third party vendors or account managers. Manage the acceptance and delivery of work packages.
- Control changes to the Project and work packages.
- Prepare / adapt all relevant plans for approval by the Project Board.
- Understand the unique structures of the United Nations and properly budget for staff.
- Manage and be responsible for expenses in budget (based on reliable financial reports).
Monitoring and reporting:
- Prepare and issue periodic Project and / or financial reports in accordance with Partner and UNOPS reporting requirements
- Maintain daily reports and progress reports as required by standard organization procedures.
- Develop stakeholder profiles and facilitate the formulation of stakeholder management strategies.
- Establish strong working relationships with the Project Board (Executive, Senior Users and Senior Suppliers), clients and key stakeholders.
- Work with internal stakeholders to ensure that the Project meets audit requirements.
- Coordinate quality reviews of documents and project deliverables.
Knowledge and innovation management:
- Encourage regular routines and effective capacity-building activities in order to build long-term and sustainable staff capabilities.
- Investigate and record the lessons learned throughout the life of the Project.
- Lead and motivate the Project management team.
- Ensuring that performance reviews are conducted fairly, accurately, and in a timely manner.
- Select, recruit, and train the team as needed and with gender equality and diversity goals in mind.
- For more detailed information about the duties of the position please check the attached terms of reference.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE / LANGUAGE REQUIREMENTS
- A higher university degree is required (Master's degree or equivalent), preferably in Administration, Law, Engineering, Civil Engineering, Naval Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Transport Logistics, port management or other relevant areas.
- A combination of a Bachelor's or Engineering degree with an additional 2 years of relevant work experience is accepted in lieu of the education requirements outlined above.
- Minimum experience of 7 years (or more, depending on academic / education credentials) of relevant and progressive experience in managing highly complex projects in the field of port institution management.
It will be valuable:
- Hold the PRINCE2 Foundation / Practitioner certificate.
- Experience in managing multidisciplinary teams with a comprehensive approach to results.
- Specific experience in projects located in different local and regional contexts in Latin America.
- Specific experience in managing relationships with different institutional, local and regional actors.
- English and Spanish language fluency / fluency.