FHI 360 has a long history supporting clinical research. Our internal CRO, Global Research Services, helps support and conduct clinical research in low-resource settings around the world. Our team includes clinical project managers, clinical research associates, research assistants, laboratory technologists, laboratory auditors, document specialists and instructional designers.
With culturally sensitive and multilingual employees in the United States, Africa, Asia, Latin America and Europe, GRS offers the following services to government and private sponsors:
- Project management
- Protection of participants’ safety and rights
- Site identification, evaluation and development
- Site monitoring, management and training
- Research operations
- Laboratory capacity building, auditing, and training
- Logistical support
- We seek competitive and entrepreneurial candidates to join our team.
Job Summary: Responsible for the overall coordination and management of clinical research proposal activities and includes both budget development and technical input.
The Senior Proposal Budget Design Lead is responsible for producing high-quality documentation that contributes to the overall success of the company including the development of high-quality government and commercial proposal budgets.
The PBDL is responsible to serve in a lead role on proposal development teams. This role supports the development of the technical input into a proposal budget as well as the budget development. The PBDL works in collaboration with the proposal writer and the operations lead to support proposal development for complex, multi-center, multinational clinical studies, including FDA-regulated clinical trials.
The Proposal Design Lead:
- Independently prepares multiple proposals and budgets within targeted turnaround times. Manages the day-to-day operations of multiple proposals.
- Develops expertise with company budgeting tool and provides input into its further development. Develops budget and expense strategy.
- Manages complex relationships with a diverse group of collaborators representing donor agencies, government, non-government organizations, industry, and academia.
- Works with major functional area leads to identify and evaluate fundamental issues on the proposal, makes sound business decisions and ensures solutions are appropriately vetted and implemented.
- Able to serve as primary contact for sponsor(s) and/or functional area representatives in managing proposal development.
- Independently participates in meetings and conference calls as needed with BD personnel and clients to discuss proposal requirements and to explain and defend current proposals.
- Works with operations team to gather information for inclusion in proposals.
- Works with partners and vendors to obtain pricing for inclusion in proposals.
- Works to ensure that all proposal deliverables meet the sponsor's timeline.
- Coordinates assignment of needed resources for project conduct and completion with functional area leaders;
- Provides mentorship and training to junior members of proposal team.
- May have supervisory responsibilities for other costing professionals.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree or its International Equivalent preferred, not required in a Health Professions or Related Clinical Sciences.
- A minimum of 8+ years of previous experience in clinical research, possessing the knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform this job.
- 3 years of proposal management experience with previous experience in proposal development in a CRO environment
- Knowledge of conducting or managing clinical studies in resource-constrained settings.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, and spreadsheets required, especially strong in working in MS Excel.
- Able to delegate, effectively prioritize own and workload of proposal team members.
- Displays effective communication skills (listening, oral, and written) and can communicate in the English language (oral, written).
- Possesses sound interpersonal skills, is flexible and adapts to changing situations. Articulate, professional and able to communicate in a clear, positive concise manner with sponsors and staff. Must be able to read, write and speak fluent English.
- Problem Solving & Impact: Works on problems of diverse scope that require analysis or interpretation of identifiable factors. Demonstrates good judgment in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions.
- Ability to read, interpret and develop clinical proposals and all associated materials.
- Ability to write technical drafts, proposals, business correspondence.
- Supervision Given/Received: Provides suggestions on business and operational decisions that affect the department. Serves as team lead to team members.
- Typically reports to an Associate Director/Director. Or an equivalent combination of relevant education and/or experience sufficient to successfully perform the key responsibilities of the job. This job description summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
This job description summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.