Thinking of a Career in Emergency Management?
- BY Nicole Pelette
- The incumbent is responsible for the preparation and administration of technical assistance (TA) portfolio in the public sector management area, and other general sector activities.
- Provides support and guidance on ADB-financed projects on public sector management. In particular, the officer will (i) provide technical inputs and support policy dialogue on public private partnerships (PPP), (ii) support implementation of the state-owned enterprise (SOE) multitranche financing facility (MFF), (iii) interface with the government and private sector on business regulatory reforms issues under the Mekong Business Initiative (MBI), and (iv) support administration of the civil service reform technical assistance project.
Identifies and promotes opportunities for including governance dimensions (as specified in ADB's Government and Anti-Corruption Plan II) in ongoing and pipeline programs.
- Leads the preparation of the governance assessment and the SOE corporate governance assessment and provides technical inputs on public sector management issues to the Country Strategy Partnership (CPS).
- Undertakes policy dialogue on the topic of PPP, SOE reform, business regulatory reforms, and civil service administration reform, with counterpart stakeholders. Maintains an active network with government, private sector, civil society, and development partners through which ADB can assess governance issues and seek professional input on program and project matters.
- Participates and leads in selected TA and loan processing and administration missions of other ADB staff.
- Administers the implementation of relevant projects and TAs delegated to VRM including regional cooperation and integration (RCI) programs. Monitors projects and reports on public sector management portfolio performance.
- Takes lead roles in coordinating with development partners in the areas of public sector management (PPP, SOE reform, business regulatory reforms, civil service administration reform) and capacity building work.
- Contributes to knowledge development and sharing in various forums on governance issues, anti-corruption measures, PPP, SOE reform, business regulatory reforms, public sector restructuring, civil service reforms and decentralization.
- Supervises administrative staff involved in project administration. Supervises consultant(s) hired under the governance thematic area.
- Performs other duties that may be assigned as reflected in the incumbent’s work plan.
- Master’s degree, or equivalent, in economics, governance, finance and/or related subject
- At least 10 years’ experience in public finance management professions, administration, post evaluation, or country programming, preferably with an international organization, and at least 6 years of supervisory experience.
- Experience working with government organizations on public sector management reform issues, and involvement in public relations and information dissemination would be an advantage.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English
- Computer skills, especially in the use of Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Familiarity with Vietnamese culture and institutions, including at the provincial level, would be an advantage.
People and leadership skills
- Able to guide Administrative Support (AS) staff to facilitate work planning, delivery and quality review.
- Able to liaise and work independently and effectively.
- Able to work collaboratively with teams as a constructive team member.