Senior Research Fellow
ICRISAT, Hyderabad, India
Closing Date for Applications:
About the Organization:
International Crops Research Institute for the Semi-Arid Tropics (ICRISAT) is a non-profit, non-confessional and non-political organization that conducts agricultural research for development in Asia and sub-Saharan Africa with a wide array of partners throughout the world. ICRISAT and their partners help empower those living in the semi-arid tropics, especially smallholder farmers, to overcome poverty, hunger, malnutrition and a degraded environment through more efficient and profitable agriculture.
Position: Senior Research Fellow
- Process and analyze sequencing data from Next Generation Sequencing (NGS) platforms
- Use a variety of bioinformatics tools to analyze and manipulate whole genome resequencing data
- Expression studies using RNA-Seq data, gene ontology and metabolic pathway analysis
- Gene family analysis, sequence level analysis, Orthology/Paralogy etc.
- Biological database development and tool integration
- Compilation of results and writing reports
- MSc / M Tech degree in the area of Computation Genomics/Computational Biology/Computer science or similar with minimum two years of experience in NGS data analysis and NET / GATE qualification
- Sound knowledge of genomics and molecular biology is must. Proficient in any one of the programming/scripting in languages: Python, Perl, PHP, R, Shell Scripting
- Experience in web technologies or databases like WordPress, jQuery, HTML5, CSS, MySQL, PostgreSQL etc. will be an advantage
- Should be familiar with various sequencing platforms. Must be experienced in working on Linux and CLI environment. Ability to work as team as well as independently with minimal support. Fluency in spoken and written English is essential
- NGS techniques like sequence alignment, variant calling based on whole genome re-sequencing and genotyping-by-sequencing (GBS), RNA-Seq etc.
- Knowledge of standard bioinformatics tool e.g. Samtools, Bamtools, Picard, etc.
- Experience in biological databases and integration of different –omics tools