Senior Research Monitoring and Evaluation Advisor
IPAS, Kathmandu, Nepal
Closing Date for Applications:
Ipas Nepal is a non-profit international organization that works to increase women’s ability to exercise their Sexual and Reproductive Health, especially the Right to Safe Abortion. We seek to eliminate Unsafe Abortion and the resulting deaths and injuries and to expand women’s access to Comprehensive Abortion Care, including contraception and related reproductive health information and care. Ipas Nepal seeks to hire a candidate with strong research, evaluation, academic and professional background for the position of Senior Research Monitoring and Evaluation Advisor.
- The Senior Research, Monitoring and Evaluation Advisor will lead the Research, Monitoring and Evaluation Unit and will report directly to the Country Director;
- S/he is the lead and focal point for all research communications with donors, Ipas headquarters, government partners and other external stakeholders;
- Is responsible to lead drafting policy briefs, research briefs, reports and proceedings, and manuscripts/ scientific papers for publication as well as important policy and strategic documents of Ipas Nepal;
- The candidate must have and bring good insight to design proposals for donor bidding, and develop, monitor and evaluate donor deliverables;
- S/he will work with the Ipas Nepal teams to design, conduct, and analyze the research program and adherence to meet the technical standards;
- S/he will be accountable for compliance on all procedures and formalities on research documents as required by Nepal Health Research Council;
- S/he should be willing to lead Ipas Nepal in different national and international research and policy forums;
- Provide technical support for program evaluations and surveys (review of TORs, methodologies, reports), including acting as internal evaluators, as needed;
- As a Senior Management Team (SMT) member, s/he must be willing to effectively engage in organisational meetings, policy discussions, taking additional organizational responsibilities, and representing Ipas Nepal in various external meetings, workshops, events and interactions
- Doctorate, Master or post graduate degree in Public Health, Population Studies or Bio-statistics;
- With over 10 years of RM&E experience in International NGOs in Public Health including reproductive health and rights along with over 5-7 years of supervising research and monitoring projects and proven track record of successful team work;
- Must have very good understanding and competence in research methodologies in public health, including familiarity with global health agenda and Nepal’s health systems;
- Is knowledgeable and understands key government policies, guidelines and recent updates on reproductive health and rights;
- Can travel 20% to support design, conduct, and analysis of monitoring and evaluation;
- Has good knowledge of Microsoft Office and exceptional excel skills and on data and statistical analysis software packages;
- Has strong written and spoken communications skills in English along with strong consultative, negotiation and stakeholder management skills.
- Proven track record in leading Research, M&E portion of winning proposals.