An independent, global think tank, working for a sustainable
and peaceful world in which every person thrives.
ODI is an independent, global think tank, working for a sustainable and peaceful world in which every person thrives. We harness the power of evidence and ideas through research and partnership to confront challenges, develop solutions and create change (www.odi.org).
We are seeking to appoint a Senior Research Officer to join ODI’s Development Strategy & Finance (DSF) programme. Under the supervision of a Senior Research Fellow or Head of Programme, the post holder will contribute to designing and delivering innovative, high-quality and policy-relevant research and policy analysis on development finance issues. You will contribute to policy research and advisory projects, engage with policymakers in research and advisory processes, and disseminate results.
You will join a team of economists and political scientists focusing on major themes in global development finance.
The Development Strategy and Finance programme provides cutting-edge, policy-relevant research on development finance issues and the international development finance landscape and architecture.
Recent programme highlights include:
- Blended finance in the poorest countries: the need for a better approach – a study providing hard evidence to inform the discussion on the role of blended finance in plugging the SDG financing gap in developing countries.
- Exit from aid – an analysis of respectively country and donor experiences of managing the implications of recipient countries’ transition from low- to middle-income country status.
- Africa’s Rising Debt: how to avoid a new crisis – international conference.
- Financing the end of extreme poverty – presenting key findings and analysis on what needs to be done to end extreme poverty by 2030.
- Impact of development finance institutions on sustainable development – an essay series bringing together a range of perspectives to assess the role of DFIs in attaining the SDGs.
- A guide to multilateral development banks – a comparative analysis of the current mandates, structures and instruments of 25 global, regional and sub-regional multilateral development banks.
- Excellent research skills and experience:
- Significant experience in an international policy development research environment, i.e. policy-oriented research, demonstrated by publications and reports.
- A degree and post-graduate degree in relevant discipline.
- Strong experience of data and statistical analysis and managing large datasets, as well as rigorous qualitative data analysis.
- Experience in producing research outputs to tight deadlines and for different audiences.
- Excellent understanding of current issues, actors and debates on development finance and international development finance architecture.
- Excellent interpersonal skills:
- Presentation skills
- Networking skills
- Cultural awareness
- Ability to negotiate successfully
- Ability to work in a team.
- Excellent analytical and writing skills.
- Ability to work on own initiative and under minimal supervision, to accept responsibility and to respond with confidence to complex and evolving problems.
- Excellent IT skills (Word, Excel, Powerpoint).
- Willingness to travel.
For more information, please download an application pack from here and please include links for your most relevant publications. If you are experiencing difficulties downloading, please telephone 020 7922 8234 or email email@example.com.
ODI is an equal opportunities employer Charity Reg. No.228248