International Rice Research Institute, India
Closing Date for Applications:
- Under the general direction of the Manager of Core Communication and in collaboration with the regional and country representatives and project staff, develop content for communication collateral related to regional and project activities across South Asia. Manage events from planning, execution and post-event evaluation and reporting ensuring adherence to strategic direction and communication standards.
- This position will be based in India and can be filled in only by permanent citizens of India.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Conceptualize and/or adapt the communication plan and strategy to be implemented on communication collateral content development and events management across South Asia IRRI projects.
- Ensure communication collateral and web content are aligned with IRRI branding standards and delivered in a timely manner.
- Develop and maintain media relationships and actively pursue media relations strategy at a regional level
- Work hand in hand with Country and Regional representatives to ensure that communication needs are addressed.
- Secure linkages and collaborate with regional project partners, Communication subgroups, and the media to ensure timely delivery of outputs, information dissemination and technology transfer
- Write and edit communication collaterals (e.g., press releases, articles, video scripts, brochures, etc.) that can be used in multiple channels ensuring adherence to IRRI publication and style guidelines.
- Implement and facilitate the conduct of the communication plan.
- Provide strategic and tactical support in the planning and organization of country regional events including program development, invitation list, backdrops, etc.
- Bachelor’s degree in Communication, Development Communication, Journalism, Languages or related field with minimum 5 years of relevant work experience or
- Master’s degree in Communication, Development Communication, Journalism, Languages, or related field with 2 years of relevant work experience
- Experience in developing communication products
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to influence others
- Experience in packaging communication collateral that are applicable across multiple mediums or channels
- Experience in working with partners, including government agencies
- Strong project and events management skills
- Knowledge of the local communication landscape