Thinking of a Career in Emergency Management?
- BY Nicole Pelette
Job no: 499779
Work type: Fixed Term Staff
Categories: Supply/Logistics, P-5
If you are a committed, creative professional and are passionate about
making a lasting difference for children, the world's leading children's
rights organization would like to hear from you.
For 70 years, UNICEF has been working on the ground in 190 countries and
territories to promote children's survival, protection and development.
The world's largest provider of vaccines for developing countries,
UNICEF supports child health and nutrition, good water and sanitation,
quality basic education for all boys and girls, and the protection of
children from violence, exploitation, and AIDS. UNICEF is funded
entirely by the voluntary contributions of individuals, businesses,
foundations and governments.
Purpose of the Position
The incumbent of this post will be responsible for managing and
guiding the Section in the effective and timely execution of all supply
and procurement operations in support of programme delivery processes in
Pakistan, as well as for operations undertaken for other countries. The
incumbent will also provide guidance to Supply/Procurement Officers
based in other field offices in Pakistan.
Key Expected Results
• Leading the Pakistan Country team of supply, procurement and
logistic professionals in assessing the environment for supply actions,
areas of risk, etc. for opportunities and strategic planning.
• Supervise and share implementation tasks with the other professionals
of the Section for the entire procurement contracts and shipping
activities both local and offshore, including scrutiny of technical
specifications on SO/PGM's, invitations to bid, purchase orders,
contracts, pre-delivery inspections, follow-up of deliveries, shipments,
clearance at ports of entry, inland transportation and delivery to the
consignees, in full compliance with prevailing rules and regulations.
• Create strong linkages with the program group reviewing supply/logistic performance and identifying solutions to bottlenecks
• Monitor all supply and procurement activities with the purpose of
providing a continuous flow of reliable information to Management,
Programme Sections and Field Offices on the status of execution of SCFs
from the receipt of procurement authorizations up to the stage of delivery to consignees.
• Provide guidance and information to Programme Sections and Field Offices on all matters related to supply inputs.
• Review all purchase orders, contracts and contractual agreements and,
as and when appropriate, submit them to the Contract Review Committee
(CRC). Act as Ex-Officio member on the CRC.
• Ensure global policy on child labour is enforced in spirit and
practice in all UNICEF related supply functions. Keep abreast of all
current and new supply policies and procedures and interpret them for
the benefit of the Management and of the staff in the Section, interact
with Supply Division for guidance and discussions on supply procedures,
especially on adaptability to local conditions and requirements.
Represent UNICEF in common UN services discussions within Pakistan.
• Ensure proper capacity-building for UNICEF staff and governmental
counterparts in supply management, customs clearance, distribution and
inventory management of supplies and equipment in order to maximize
supply delivery. Provide effective coaching as required.
• Initiate negotiations with suppliers on prices, specifications, delivery and other terms and conditions.
• Undertake market research in order to identify potential suppliers,
assess their facilities, capacity and quality potentials through visits
to factories and keep Supply Division informed of the results.
• Authorize payment of bills to Admin and Finance Section after proper processing by the corresponding unit of the section.
Qualifications of Successful Candidate
• An advanced university degree (Master's) in Business
Administration, International Trade, Management, Economics,
International Economics, Engineering, International Development, Supply
Chain Management, Supply, Logistics, Procurement, Purchasing,
Contract/commercial Law or a directly related field(s) is required. A
valid professional certification (CSCP; CSCM; CPSM; SCMP; etc.) from an
accredited supply management institution, in conjunction with a relevant
first-level university degree (Bachelor's), may be taken in lieu of an
advanced university degree*
• A minimum of ten (10) years of relevant experience, at the national
and international levels, in supply, logistics, warehousing,
procurement, purchasing, contracting, administration and/or other
related technical fields is required.
• Previous hands on experience in a supervisory/managerial capacity is required.
• Work experience in emergency duty station is considered an asset.
• Fluency in English (written & verbal) is required. Knowledge of an
additional UN Language (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian, Spanish) is
considered an asset.
Competencies of Successful Candidate
To view our competency framework: http://www.unicef.org/about/employ/files/UNICEF_Competencies.pdf
How to apply:
Pakistan is a non-family duty station.
Link to apply: http://jobs.unicef.org/cw/en-us/#/job/499779
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce,
and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all national,
religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with
disabilities, to apply to become a part of our organisation.
Advertised: 19 Oct 2016 Pakistan Standard Time
Applications close: 03 Nov 2016 Pakistan Standard Time