Senior Technical Advisor
FHI 360, Mauritania
Closing Date for Applications:
The Senior Technical Advisor will support and advise the Chief of Party and other project staff on various technical fields related to the program (eg civil society strengthening, positive youth development, peacebuilding, civic engagement, etc.) and help design the strategy and approaches to achieve expected results. The Senior technical advisor will provide strategic technical oversight and direction for the development, coordination, and implementation of complex and diverse sets of interventions to produce the project's expected outcomes. S / he will ensure that the project provides high-quality capacity building processes and solutions. S / he will report to the Chief of Party and supervise a team of technical officers providing cross-cutting support to the project's community-level activities. S / he will collaborate closely with the M&E,
Essential Job Functions: Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure the technical quality of project activities, including those directly implemented by FHI 360 and those implemented by international and local implementing partners;
- Provide technical input for the development, coordination, and implementation of complex and diverse sets of interventions to produce the project's expected outcomes;
- Supervise and coordinate a team of technical officers who provide cross-cutting support to the project's community-level activities, and support them in developing professionally and acquiring new skills as needed;
- Lead efforts to refine project methodologies and to provide training and technical assistance to staff and relevant stakeholders on their application;
- Contribute to quarterly program reporting and ensure that other written products related to the project's technical approaches and learning are of high quality;
- Provide technical guidance to project staff on tailoring interventions to community needs and context, adjusting as needed to changes in local dynamics;
- Collaborate closely with the M&E, program and grants, and finance and operations teams to ensure that the project's technical approaches and methodologies are informed by, and contribute to, other programmatic, M&E, financial and operational considerations.
- Master's degree or its international equivalent in peacebuilding, civil society, community development or related field. At least 8 years of experience implementing peacebuilding, civili society strengthing, advocacy and youth engagement, civic organizing, transparency and accountability issues, or related fields.
- Five or more years of technical experience in dealing with multiple stakeholders, specifically on citizen particpation, youth development and governance programs, with preference given to experience in Central and West Africa; USAID programs preferred.
- Experience in civil society and peacebuilding capacity-building preferred.
- Knowledge of USAID policies and procedures;
- Knowledge of the political, social, cultural, environmental, and development context of Central and West Africa;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in French required, English preferred.