Senior Technical Equipment Engineer
African Development Bank , Abidjan, Ivory Coast
Closing Date for Applications:
Under the supervision of the Division Manager CHGS.1 (Operations and Maintenance Division), the incumbent will be responsible for the management and monitoring of maintenance works and services relating to the technical equipment of the premises occupied by the Bank at its Headquarters and in its field offices.
Duties and responsibilities
- Under the supervision of the Division Manager, CHGS.1 (Operations and Maintenance Division), the incumbent will undertake the following key functions:
- Plan and coordinate the implementation of projects for new construction, the improvement and rehabilitation of technical facilities and equipment on the Bank's premises: electricity distribution, emergency power sources (generators and uninterruptible power supply (UPS), elevators, fire detection systems, HVAC, building management system (BMS) and other electrical equipment.
- Initiate and coordinate the design necessary for the implementation of above-mentioned projects.
- Participate in the planning of the Bank's investment programmes on technical equipment and the management of capital and operating budgets for technical facilities.
- Participate in the development of internal procedures for the monitoring and supervision of maintenance works and services in order to meet the Bank's expectations.
- Lead the preparation and drafting of technical documentation for the recruitment of consultants (individuals and firms), contractors and service providers in the areas of above-mentioned technical facilities.
- Develop and supervise the implementation of energy conservation measures at Headquarters and field offices to meet the Bank's environmental safeguard guidelines.
- Develop standard specifications and terms of reference for the procurement of maintenance services of technical equipment in the Bank's field offices.
- Participate in the implementation of activities related to the installation of field offices (identification of premises to be rented and their fitting out according to Bank standards).
- Participate in the activities of multi-disciplinary teams in charge of projects to equip meeting rooms with modern conference management systems.
- Manage technical teams under his/her supervision.
- Keep abreast of developments in technology and standards on technical facilities and make recommendations for submission to the Division Manager.
- Perform all administrative duties as required by the position and/or Division Manager.
- Have at least an Engineering Degree or Master’s degree in Electro-Mechanical Engineering or in a related discipline with relevant skills in the operation and maintenance of technical equipment.
- Have a minimum of five (5) years of relevant experience in the operation and maintenance of technical equipment.
- Ability to work as a member of a team with good interpersonal relations skills.
- Have good client orientation skills.
- Have strong research, analysis and rapid information processing skills.
- Ability to propose alternative solutions and establish frameworks for addressing technical maintenance issues.
- Competent in the procurement of goods, services and works.
- Ability to communicate effectively (written and oral) in English or French, preferably with a working knowledge of the other.
- Competence in the use of standard Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint); knowledge of SAP is an asset.