Senior Technical Officer
FHI 360, Lilongwe, Malawi
2 years of relevant work experience
Closing Date for Applications:
Provides technical support and guidance to staff and partners in the region and in country offices. Implements and monitors technical strengthening initiatives. Develops adoption and/or training strategy, designs and conducts training or adoption activities for a specific technical area. Creates scientific and technical material in area of expertise. Assists and gives guidance with development of proposals. Works with communities and partners to maximize local capacity. Evaluates programmatic effectiveness and provides technical assessment reports.
- Responsible for the implementation and oversight of peer education, outreach services and referrals.
- Sets up systems within the LINKAGES program to assure that those clients who are HIV positive and pregnant will be referred to PMTCT and post-partum care for the mother and child.
- Assures that commodities such as condoms, condom compatible lubricant, STI drugs, HTC test kits etc. are available for clinical outreach services on a consistent basis at all clinical service provision facilities.
- Works collaboratively with the entire LINKAGES team in Malawi and ensures strong coordination among team partners on the implementation of technical activities.
- Contributes to the achievement of high quality results in accordance with the targets identified in the work plan and Performance Monitoring and Evaluation Plan.
- Contributes to program quality according to FHI 360 standards including quality assurance and quality improvement initiatives.
- Contributes to the production of timely and accurate technical reports to FHI 360 and USAID as required.
- Building capacity of implementing partners to manage HIV/AIDS programming through project technical assistance, monitoring, and management
- Provide Technical Assistance to Implementing Partners reaching Key Population on the guidance of the LINKAGES STA, Prevention, Care & Treatment
- Report regularly LINKAGES STA, Prevention, Care & Treatment on progress and status of support to Implementing Partners
EDUCATION: Masters level degree in Public Health (preferred) or related field or equivalent
- At least 2 years of demonstrated excellence in Key Population programs with substantial HIV prevention, care, and treatment.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English
- Excellent written and spoken English.
- Strong training skills in technical topics for trainers and service providers.
- Strong oral presentation skills on technical topics for varied audiences, including policy makers, program managers, service providers, and technical experts
- Ability to facilitate relationships and interact smoothly and effectively with government stakeholders and colleagues
- Ability to solve problems creatively, multi-task and work as a member of a team.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail; ability to establish priorities, meet deadlines, and manage a variety of tasks with accuracy
- Ability to work effectively and collaboratively with government partners, UN agencies, NGOs, and other partners\