Senior Technical Officer
FHI 360, Pretoria, South Africa
Closing Date for Applications:
FHI 360 is seeking applications for the position of Senior Technical Officer - HIV for the LINKAGES South Africa project. The project will build on current investments made by USAID to reduce risk of HIV transmission among MSM and improve their enrollment and retention in care and treatment across the HIV cascade. This project will accelerate the ability of government of South Africa, key population leaders, organizations working with key populations, and private-sector providers to plan and implement services that reduce HIV transmission among key populations and their sexual partners and extend the lives of those already living with HIV.
- lead the technical strategy and capacity building for the Project design
- implementation, monitoring and evaluation of the HIV program in RSA focused on MSM.
- Provide technical expertise for HIV care, ART , PrEP rollout
- Support for key populations across the cascade by ensuring innovative, evidence-based programming.
- Training and mentoring of clinical staff
- Support the project teams to ensure continuous reaching targets
- Develop approaches to address the positive health dignity and prevention of key populations living with HIV.
- A minimum diploma or equivalent in Public Health, Health Administration, Management Social Work, or Business Administration with a focus on public health, social sciences, or related field; OR a Bachelor’s degree in a similar field to those mentioned above and a minimum of 10 years of professional work experience in the field of Public Health and HIV
- A minimum of 7 years in managing an Key Population ,MSM project
- Training and mentoring expertise of clinical staff on Key Population , MSM service package
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in management of a PEPFAR-funded activity, including program planning, implementation, data use, monitoring and reporting
- Demonstrated written, presentation, communication and organizational skills in English.
This job description summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.