Position Title: Senior Technical Officer, HIV Care and Treatment
Reports To: Associate Director, Clinical Services
Project: HIV Service Delivery Support Activity – Rift Valley
To provide technical leadership and supervision to regional/county Technical mentors. Responsible for working closely with the MOH and County Health teams, partners and service providers in the region to strengthen health systems and ensure that the quality of prevention, care and treatment interventions initiated and supported across the program is consistent with the national MOH/County Health Services quality standards and guidelines.
Responsible for supporting the training, on-site technical supportive supervision, mentorship, coaching and regular updates to the Technical officers and service providers in the area of Adult and pediatric HIV care and treatment and PMTCT.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS: DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide direct technical assistance to the regional mentors and health care facilities staffs supported by the project including clinical mentoring, strengthening monitoring and evaluation and information system, facilitation of community linkages, patient flow analysis, improvement of adherence support system, development or improvement of referral system, etc.
- Provide technical oversight, monitoring and support to county/sub county multi-disciplinary teams as assigned
- Supporting accelerated HIV care and treatment efforts directed towards increasing enrolment of HIV
- infected children and adolescents
- Ensure that project-supported clinical care activities at ART/PMTCT/TB sites conform to Kenya
- National HIV care and treatment guidelines and the project standards.
- Guide the development and/or refinement of materials related to HIV/AIDS care and treatment, including clinical guidelines, protocols, algorithms, drug formularies, training materials and monitoring and evaluation tools.
- Spearheading continuous quality improvement (CQI) implementation in supported counties
- Partnering with MOH/NASCOP in offering mentorship, orientation, training and technical updates to service providers
- Supporting Site Improvement Monitoring Systems (SIMS) evaluation in supported counties, the
- formulation and monitoring of activity plans to mitigate identified gaps in performance
- Contributing to formulation of JWP in collaboration with MOH and overseeing the implementation
- of the JWPs that the project has with service delivery partners while strengthening collaboration with
- MOH/County Health Services
- Representing the project and organization in key sector meetings when called upon
- Writing and evaluating relevant reports as part of the routine project reporting and accountability requirements
- Participate in the development of quarterly and annual plans and activity reports.
- Establish and maintain good working relationships with MOH staff at all levels and other partners to ensure effective and efficient implementation of the program at all levels.
- Maintain smooth regular information flow with County MOH officials, FHI 360 technical staff on technical issues.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
REQUIREMENTS: KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITIES
- Comprehensive knowledge of integrated HIV and AIDS, TB, reproductive health, family planning, public health
- Ability to provide a wide range of clinical services and capability to effectively transfer skills
- combined with effective communication
- Excellent managerial and administrative skills.
- Sensitivity of cultural differences and understanding of the political and ethical issues surrounding HIV/AIDS/TB.
- Ability to lead and work with others and maintain compatibility among project staff, sub- contractors, consultants and recipients of assistance.
- Ability to manage projects, set priorities and plan for the successful implementation of programs.
- Ability to travel regionally, nationally and internationally as needed.
- Ability to work with minimum supervision, team player with drive as an initiative.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS STANDARDS:
- MD/MB ChB/BS Degree in relevant field with a Minimum 7-9 years’ experience in in a HIV/AIDS/TB program.MS/MA in relevant filed (MPH preferable) with 5-7 years of experience. Familiarity with decentralized public health systems. Familiarity with current national service delivery guidelines for the prevention, management and control of HIV and TB disease conditions. Strong program management skills and experience in diplomacy with other stakeholders. Excellent computer skills in MS Office Suite
- This job description summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.