PURPOSE OF THE POSITION:
The Senior Training & Learning Advisor role leads end-to-end performance and learning projects that span large and/or multiple areas. They have expertise in multiple technical environments and possess business knowledge that span one or more business areas. They promote the integration of knowledge sharing in support of the organization's business goals and lead the development of partnership-wide learning content development technical standards, process and protocols.
This role will develop resources, as well as provide technical guidance to other team members.
Individuals within the Learning and Capacity Building job family are responsible for planning, organizing and implementing learning programs globally - for individual and organisational learning outcomes. They work with key stakeholders to determine learning and development needs and deliver solutions that drive performance and continually improve World Vision's talent capabilities. In addition, roles within this family will be accountable for delivering ongoing support, creating sustainability and measuring the effectiveness of learning programs, at individual and organisational levels.
Learning and Capacity Building roles require strong communication, influencing and negotiation skills, Have the ability to translate between technical and business language, and the ability to develop capacity building solutions to help address business challenges, based on change management and adult learning principles. These individuals must also be able to gather and analyze information from a variety of sources. In addition, they need strong interpersonal skills, as they are required to work with staff of all levels, integrate information and edits from multiple people who may have disparate or conflicting viewpoints.
- Represents the training team in meetings with business partners, leadership and project teams.
- Develops and implements long term strategies for sustainable knowledge collection and distribution.
- Establishes training and development plans that prioritize business initiatives according to strategic direction, current performance and return on investment.
- Directs classroom training, electronic learning, multimedia programs, and other computer-aided instructional technologies, simulators, conferences and workshops.
- Works directly with business unit leaders, and subject matter experts to assess and identify training needs.
- Interviews subject matter experts, and reviews documentation from the system, product or service being provided.
- Participates in business requirements, architecture, functional design and testing work sessions.
- Provides and/or reviews detailed design to create and manage web applications and workflows.
- Ensures consistent training and promotes uniform application of standard operating procedures.
- Leads the identification of appropriate training media and methodologies based on audience learning styles, nature of training being delivered, audience location, point within the learning process, etc. within the context of business needs and constraints.
- Partners with technical team to enhance current systems and tools to support learning/knowledge management initiatives.
- Works with IT groups to describe and document systems or products that have been developed or are in the process of being developed.
- Evaluates solutions to ensure that client needs are addressed and recommends program enhancements accordingly.
- Creates graphics that aid the target audience in understanding the documented material.
- Proofreads documents for accuracy.
- Ensures all documentation is delivered according to specified guidelines and on selected media.
- Ensures documentation is maintained.
- Works with technical resources to improve document quality and usability.
- Participates in design and navigation sessions.
Knowledge Management for Organisational Learning:
- Works with business teams to improve organization of existing program knowledge, capture of new knowledge, and application of existing knowledge to enhance learning and performance.
- Works with business and IT teams, and other relevant staff to facilitate knowledge sharing and dissemination platforms, both within World Vision and externally with other stakeholders.
- Determines procedures and processes to improve access to and use of knowledge across (both in the field and HQ).
- Identifies key learning’s from program evaluations and assists in the development of evaluation briefs and evaluation-related events.
- Leads the administration of LMS.
- Ensures optimal learning environments.
- Deploys training to targeted audience.
- Conducts presentations and webinars.
Quality and Continuous Improvement:
- Identifies metrics for continuous improvements.
- Incorporates measurement mechanisms to gauge effectiveness of strategies, using such metrics to guide follow-up actions to ensure the delivery and transfer of sustainable and measurable business outcomes.
- Assesses the effectiveness of the knowledge management system within the technical organization and identifies improvement opportunities.
- Approves recommendations for improvements.
Policies and Standards:
- Develops testing and evaluation standards, templates and procedures.
- Responsible for institutionalizing standards and templates in the organization.
- Manages the training program in accordance with business needs, regulatory requirements, and quality techniques.
- Ensures training compliance with internal programs by monitoring, communicating, and marketing internal programs.
- Evaluates emerging learning technologies and conducts organizational analysis to identify readiness to implement.
- Makes or approves recommendations to enhance existing or create new training programs.
- Identifies and evaluates vendor solutions for training.
- Reviews external training programs to determine feasibility and applicability.
- Interfaces and coordinates with external organizations for the development of curricula, as needed.
- Maintains working relationships with training vendors.
- Provides technical leadership, guidance and coaching to global team members.
- Provides coaching and guidance to team members.
- May recommend training programs targeting specific areas of improvement.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Bachelor’s degree in Instructional Design, Organizational Behavior, Educational fields, or equivalent work experience.
- Typically requires 5 or more years of eLearning design and development experience or knowledge management experience.
- Extensive knowledge of Training Needs Assessments, Instructional Design, and Adult Learning Principles.
- Demonstrated knowledge and use of a LMS and/or other training tracking systems.
- Knowledge of current trends and best practice in the broader area of organizational and competency based learning.
- Willingness and ability to travel domestically and internationally, as necessary.
- Effective in written and verbal communication in English.