The International Computing Centre (ICC) is the leading provider of Information Technology and Communications (ICT) services within the United Nations System. Over the last four decades, ICC has been continually expanding the services it is providing to its Partners in various parts of the world, and in various areas of ICT.
As a part of the UN family, ICC espouses the same values that the UN embraces. As a service provider, our core values are unmatched and underlie its continued growth: trust, customer focus, accountability, understanding cross cultural differences, excellence, innovation, and teamwork. This combination has made ICC the preferred provider of shared ICT services within the United Nations System.
Purpose of the Position
- The ICC is offering an internship opportunity to future IT graduates currently undertaking a Bachelor or Master degree to acquire hands on experience of implementation of IT frameworks and standards (ITIL operations and transition, ISO 27001 security), be more familiar with the operation of a mission critical infrastructure and with the support of demanding customers from a service desk perspective.
- The main objective is to enable students to apply and complement the knowledge they have acquired throughout their academic training to prepare them for the professional world.
- The Service Desk is Responsible for the collection, recording, resolution at Tier 1 level, escalation and closure of incidents and service requests. It is also responsible for the monitoring of the corporate ICT infrastructure. In addition, the service desk performs duties at various levels for the following IT processes: Major Incident, Problem, Change and Configuration Management.
Organizational Setting and Reporting:
- Interns work five days per week (08:00 – 17:00) under the supervision of a staff member in the Service Desk Unit (Valencia).
Responsibilities may include part or all of the following:
- Assist in the logging of support requests and event generated incidents in the CRM system and follow-up throughout the incident life cycle
- Assist in the monitoring of the ICT infrastructure through the use of various monitoring technologies
- Assist in informing customers of outages, known errors and resolution progress
- Participate in reviewing the content and enhance the Service Desk knowledge base
- Speaks and writes clearly and effectively
- Listens to others, correctly interprets messages from others, or asks questions to clarify, and responds appropriately
- Solicits input by genuinely valuing others’ ideas and expertise; is willing to learn from others
- Places team agenda before personal agenda
Planning & Organizing:
- Allocates appropriate amount of time and resources for completing work
- Monitors and adjusts plans and actions as necessary
- Uses time efficiently
Knowledge & skills:
Applicants are not required to have professional work experience to participate in ICC’s internships programme, but applicants should have the following functional and technical skills:
- Language fluency in English is required (verbal and written)
- Excellent telephone manners, interpersonal skills.