The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetime. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
In emergencies, WFP gets food to where it’s needed, saving lives of victims of war, civil conflicts and natural disasters. After an emergency, WFP uses food to help communities rebuild their shattered lives. Present in 80 countries, the organization has the global footprint, deep field presence and local knowledge and relationship necessary to provide access to nutritious food and contribute to the lasting solutions, especially in many of the world’s most remote and fragile areas. WFP’s greatest strength is its dedicated people working tirelessly around the world to reduce hunger, often under difficult conditions where security threats and risks to personal safety are considerable.
The WFP Regional Bureau for Eastern and Central Africa (RBN) is based in Nairobi and provides strategic direction, technical guidance, resource mobilization and management support to WFP operations and activities in nine countries: Burundi, Djibouti, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Kenya, Rwanda, Somalia, South Sudan and Uganda.
The Global SCOPE Service Operations in the Regional Bureau for East and Central Africa ( RBN) is looking to engage a SCOPE Service Operations Analyst to join the Global SCOPE Service Operations (WFPs digital assistance platform) team based in Nairobi, Kenya with occasional travel to other regions as required, in support of SCOPE CODA, the digital platform used by WFP for malnutrition case management.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in Nutrition, Computer Sciences, Data Analytics, Information Systems or any other related field. Should have minimum ITIL3 certification.
- Working Experience: Three or more years of progressively responsible work experience in IT Service Desk.
- Desirable Skills: Experience in field Nutrition is an added advantage. Prior experience using SCOPE CODA. Conversance with CMAM and IMAM nutrition protocols. Experience using Tableau. Data analysis skills
- Language: Fluency in both oral and written English. Intermediate knowledge of other UN language would be an advantage.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
What you will do:
- Act as an interface between the product development, quality assurance teams and the business.
- Understand CMAM and IMAM protocols and guidelines to understand better and communicate the business requirements to the development teams.
- Work in a shift as per the roster (the service operates on 24/7/365 basis. Shift duty is mandatory including nights and weekend shifts).
- Monitor the problem resolution process; design the knowledge base and known error records of SCOPE CODA.
- Identify commonly recurring SCOPE CODA incidents and/or service requests, and provide advice on how these can be prevented or minimized, through training, user awareness, changes in configuration etc.
- Perform frequent quality assurance tests on the platform and mobile application, pointing out bugs and suggest improvements where needed.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES- CONT..
What you will do:
- Receive SCOPE CODA incidents and service requests through phone, email or any other official channels and log them as tickets in the Incident Management System; and assign the priority to the tickets based on Urgency and Impact.
- Perform onsite/remote end user training as well as prepare training material in liaison with the Learning and Development team.
- Perform analysis, diagnosis, and resolution of complex SCOPE CODA problems for end-users, and recommend and implement corrective solutions for remote users as needed;
- Carry out Configuration Management to track Configuration Items (Cis) and the dependencies between them, such as but not limited to CODA devices. Communicate with clients and follow up on all open and pending tickets. Log issues and escalate tickets to various technical groups where necessary