About the World Bank Group:
Established in 1944, the WBG is one of the world’s largest sources of funding and knowledge for development solutions. In fiscal year 2018, the WBG committed $67 billion in loans, grants, equity investments and guarantees to its members and private businesses, of which $24 billion was concessional finance to its poorest members. It is governed by 188-member countries and delivers services out of 120 offices with nearly 15,000 staff located globally.
The WBG consists of five specialized institutions: the International Bank for Reconstruction and Development (IBRD), the International Development Association (IDA), the International Finance Corporation (IFC), the Multilateral Investment Guarantee Agency (MIGA), and the International Centre for the Settlement of Investment Disputes (ICSID). The World Bank is organized into six client-facing Regional Vice-Presidencies, several corporate functions and thirteen Global Practices to bring best-in-class knowledge and solutions to regional and country clients.
Information and Technology Solutions (ITS) enables the WBG to achieve its mission of ending extreme poverty by 2030 and boosting shared prosperity in a sustainable manner by delivering transformative information and technologies to its staff working in over 130 client countries. ITS services range from: establishing the infrastructure to reach and connect staff and development stakeholders; providing the devices and agile technology and information applications to facilitate the science of delivery through decentralized services; creating and maintaining tools to integrate information across the World Bank Group, the clients we serve and the countries where we operate; and delivering the computing power staff need to analyze development challenges and identify solutions. The ITS business model combines dedicated business solutions centers that provide services tailored to specific World Bank Group business needs and shared services that provide infrastructure, applications and platforms for the entire Group. ITS is one of three VPUs that have been brought together as the World Bank Group Integrated Services (WBGIS), to provide enhanced corporate core services and enable the institution to operate as one strategic and coordinated entity.
As a unit within the Finance ITS (ITSFI), ITSBG provides distinct and complex financial solutions support to the operation of the World Bank Group Finance & Accounting, Development Finance, Treasury, and Global Climate Change Vice presidencies.
ITSBG is seeking an IT Analyst with strong ServiceNow technical skills to work with internal clients to identify business requirements, prioritize based on business needs, avoid overlaps across projects and provide coordination to the project teams as needed. We are looking for a highly motivated and versatile candidate who can demonstrate attention to detail and who can communicate effectively with non-technical clients. The candidate requires strong background and substantial experience in ServiceNow technology, ITSM operation, Service Request management, strong analytical skills. This position will help in configuring and customizing OOTB ServiceNow applications or developing new applications on the platform, along with providing support for the end users.
Essential Job Functions:
- Support clients and internal business processes based on ServiceNow platform. In particular, deployed Incident & Problem Management, Asset management and CMDB, Change & Release management, SLM, Service Catalog with customization and build in-house applications
- Assist in developing new custom applications or customizing OOTB applications
- Provide production support if needed for the supported applications
- Design testing plans and carry out the testing for the above
- Write necessary scripts to customize the applications
Duties and Accountabilities:
IT professional, with in-depth expertise on developing, architecting and managing enterprise business systems and solutions on the ServiceNow platform.
Technical Solution Architect: Responsible for ServiceNow development and web application architecture, service architecture, and technical design for high performance distributed, multi-tier and cross-platform ERP/web/mobile development environment. Architect, develop and implement MuleSoft ESB services to integrate API's, Databases and SaaS applications.
- Solution Integration: Identifies integration points. Implements integration plans. Interfaces with testing teams to incorporate plans into integration testing process.
- Solution/System Development: Analyzes, designs, codes, tests, debugs, maintains, modifies and documents systems/solutions to meet business requirements. Makes recommendations toward the development of new code or reuse of existing code. Coordinates design of subsystems and integration with larger systems. Ensures that all technical activities are executed under ITS' strategic guidelines (technology standards, development methodology, Enterprise Architecture processes, Office of Information Security- OIS Approvals).
- Technical Writing: Documents changes to architecture, integration and conversion plans. Responsible for maintaining system and application architecture diagrams. Ensures all activities are documented.
- Cross Function Support: Works closely with Infrastructure teams e.g., Windows, Web Administration, Network Operations, Infrastructure Platforms, Mobility, Database, Security Administration to define deployment architecture and capacity planning for any new environment/Landscape and any critical issue resolution.
- Quality Assurance: Develops methods, procedures and quality objectives including metrics for assessing progress. Adheres to quality standards, procedures and objectives. Reviews modules for quality assurance and checks compliance with standards and SLAs.
- Testing Applications Systems: Designs, plans and leads testing efforts and coordinates feedback of test results. Develops test cases and files. Conducts unit, system, stress, integration and/or user testing to ensure requirements are met. Oversees acceptance testing and ensures application meets specifications.
- Applications Systems Requirements: Develops, documents and communicates system requirements for the implementation of business solutions. Creates conceptual and technical design specifications. Devises or modifies procedures to solve problems considering computer equipment capacity and limitations, operating time, form of desired results, and integration of components.
- Project Planning: Consults and provide inputs to project manager in the project planning process with team members, customers, business analysts, architects, and other IT groups.
- Solution Analysis: Defines customer needs and incorporates them into various design pattern (e.g., swim lane, ER Diagram etc.,) and overall implementation plan. Consults with customers regarding the optimum solutions to meet business requirements.
- Work closely with WBG fiduciary teams - Enterprise Architecture (EA), Office of the Information Security (OIS) on all accreditation related activities, Enterprise Change Review Board (ECRB), Project Management Office (PMO) during various stages of software development and act as a liaison for various development teams.
Educational Qualifications and Experience:
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Management Information, or Electrical Engineering with a minimum of four years experience or Master's degree with 2 years relevant experience.
- Should be certified in ServiceNow Implementation Specialist/ServiceNow Developer.
- Certified in ITIL v3 is a plus.
- Perform day to day administration of the Service-Now tool
- Maintain business services and configuration item relationships in Service-Now tool
- Develop and manage application code, user interface, and third-party integration components
- Develop necessary development documentation as needed e.g. technical design, developer notes, etc.
- Performs core configuration tasks including system policies, business rules and client scripts
- Manages users, groups and roles
- Manages data with Tables, the CMDB, Import Sets, and Update Sets
- Creates Workflow activities and approvals. Implement new workflows that use a variety of activities to understand how records are generated from workflows
- Performs migration activities Dev to QA, QA to Prod
- Coordinates Service Catalog options, including two-step checkout, cart controls, and variables
- Investigate performance issues, learn troubleshooting tools, and use system logs to find issues
- Deep understanding of REST, WSDL, JSON and ability to integrate with other third party applications like SPLUNK, APP Dynamics etc.
- Post roll out production support. Experience of handling Bug Fixes and Enhancement requests
- Experience working with Business Rules, Client Scripts, UI Policies, UI Scripts, UI Actions, UI Pages, Script Includes, Access Control Lists etc...
- Knowledge of working with different kind of scripts in ServiceNow and their order of execution.
- Experience working with email notifications, inbound actions, reports, gauges, and home pages.
- Experience on creation of catalog items, wizards, record producers, interceptors, user guide.
- Working on creation and customization of complex workflows and custom workflow activities.
- Worked with transform maps, data sources and different transform scripts for data loads and management.
- Working with schedule jobs, events and triggers to manage business needs and handle background work.
- Working with complex UI customization and UI macros.
Required Technical Competencies:
- Sound understanding and experience in ServiceNow ITSM Modules like in Knowledge, CMDB, Incident, Change, Release and Problem.
- Sound understanding and experience in Service Request Catalog form development.
- Should have experience in Service Portal.
- Should have hands-on in json, custom widget development, REST/SOAP integrations, MuleSoft and Web Services Integrations.
- Should have hands-on in User criteria, Business rules, workflows, ACL, client scripts, SLA/OLA, UI actions, order guides and record producers.
- Should have experience in performance tuning, debugging, root cause analysis.
- Should have knowledge in foundation data migration and Chat.
- Expertise in using MuleSoft’s Anypoint Studio in creating various flows to integrate API's, Databases and SaaS applications, i.e. ServiceNow is a must.
- Experience in the design and implementation of Mule ESB transactions, sync and async flows, message filters, message translators, content enricher and integration patterns
- Must have experience with Restful services (REST, JSON, RAML etc.) and Web Service standards (SOAP, WSDL, WS-I Basic Profile, WS -* extensions and standards)
- Good understanding of data formats such as XML, JSON, CSV and EDI
- Good understanding of typical integration technologies such as HTTP, XML/XSLT, JMS, JDBC, REST, SOAP, Webservices and APIs
- Experience in designing and implementing reusable software functions and application frameworks
- Experience in using Reporting Tools such as Tableau is a plus.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and the ability to clearly articulate and communicate to all the stakeholders
- Exposure to Cloud Adoption Framework and Mobile Application Development Framework
Required Behavioral Competencies:
- Client Understanding and Advising - Looks at issues from the client’s perspective and advocates for clients within own area so others to focus on meeting client needs.
- Demonstrated team player who works well with technical and non-technical resources
- Demonstrated experience in time management and multiple task management and keep the on-going deliverables and schedules on track
- Learning Orientation - Stays abreast of new trends and developments in own specialty area, the broader industry, and experiments with new approaches or emerging technological solutions to current business needs.
- Broad Business Thinking - Maintains an in-depth understanding of the long-term implications of decisions both for related areas within the VPU and the client’s business. Involves key players in identifying operating needs, issues and immediate solutions.
- Analytical Thinking - Coordinates the information gathering and reporting process.
- Business Function Knowledge - Proposes technical plans that are aligned with business objectives and technical requirements.
- Business Process Knowledge - Maps full business processes and designs operational process flow.
- Business Requirements Analysis - Reviews customer business requirements and determines where support is needed relative to existing technical systems design.
- Strategic Relationship - Interacts with clients in order to identify opportunities that meet organizational and technological needs, as well as meet internal criteria for best practice that meet the client's specific operational requirements as they relate to its organizational.
- Deliver Results for Clients - Proactively addresses clients stated and unstated needs.
- Collaborate within Teams and Across Boundaries - Collaborates across boundaries, gives own perspective and willingly receives diverse perspectives.
- Create, Apply and Share Knowledge - Applies knowledge across WBG to strengthen solutions for internal and/or external clients.
- Creating a culture that is based on knowledge sharing and learning from best practices.