Shared Services - Payroll Coordinator
World Vision, Greater Accra, Ghana
Closing Date for Applications:
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
Responsible for managing the complete start to finish processing of payroll using the SS payroll system globally. Ensure daily payroll operations are complete and accurate and in compliance with federal/state/local labor and tax laws. Provide a strong technical expertise for SS payroll and creating and maintaining procedures for these systems, Enhancing internal payroll processes and collaborating with other departments and different levels of staff to support payroll-related activities.
Subject Matter Expert – SS Payroll:
- Perform the following payroll processes for each of our customers:
- Normal Payroll Cycle: biweekly or monthly
- Generating the Report for: Social Security, Tax, Pension, Legal entities, others.
- Maintains all payroll records, reports computations and audits, including periodic internal audit tests of labor utilization.
- Prepares federal and state payroll tax reports, including quarterly and year-end returns; determines taxability of non-wage payments.
- Prepares weekly, monthly, quarterly and year-end reports (gross payroll, hours worked, vacation accrual, tax deductions, benefit deductions etc.) for management.
- Interprets employment policies and government regulations in connection with payroll activities.
- Keep abreast with the payroll processing systems and legal changes in wages and tax laws. This is to ensure that payroll calculations are done within the legal framework of each country. For example, changes in the percentage of tax, social security and others.
- Maintains the payroll system calendar schedules and coordinates changes with the National Office P&C.
- Work with NO to resolve payroll inquiries such as: if an employee has any questions about how taxes are calculated, about the detail of their payment, overtime pay.
- Answers 2nd level payroll inquiries, assists employees in resolving payroll issues, and resolves disputes as they arise. Researches and resolved employee and system problems as they arise.
- Train co-workers and customers on new or existing payroll functionality or services.
- Serves as primary contact for external vendors and other agencies including NO for all payroll issues.
- Migration and Implementation- SS Payroll Administration Project:
- Advises Managers on understanding the process of a new client, process mapping, payroll system configuration, payroll system tests and customer support during the implementation process.
Innovation & Continuous Improvement:
- Assists in the development of overall payroll procedures by evaluating current processes and suggesting methods to improve operations, efficiency and service.
- Identify areas of improvement in the payroll processes, and help recommend appropriate solutions to improve on findings.
- Coordinate with other SS P&C team members on project improvement initiatives.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Bachelors in Business Administration, Finance, Accounting or related career with at least four years direct payroll experience; or six years comparable payroll experience.
- Experience of implementing payroll projects and services.
- Ability to learn new products and upgrades.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel, Word and Lotus Notes.
- Team coordination when required.
- Desirable payroll migration experience at regional level, local offices into shared service center.
- Desirable to coordinate tasks with other team.
- Fully Fluent in English. Advanced Conversation & Business Communication in English.
- Fully Fluent in Spanish. Advanced Conversation & Business Communication in Spanish.
- Fully Fluent in French. Advanced Conversation & Business Communication in French .
- General accounting
- Working knowledge of international and domestic payroll laws.
- Green belt Certification or working towards it.
- Strong communications and customer service skills.
Work Environment: The position requires ability and willingness to travel domestically and internationally up to 10% of the time.