2 years of relevant work experience
Closing Date for Applications:
Description of task
Within the delegated authority and under the supervision of Operations Manager or his/her designated mandated representative(s), the UN Volunteer SharePoint Specialist will handle following duties:
- Assesses requirements and requests to identify simple yet effective SharePoint Online implementation approaches.
- Reviews workflows in current legacy applications and proposes approaches to create replacement solutions using SharePoint Online.
- Assesses paper-based workflows to identify and implement SharePoint Online workflow solutions.
- Recommend and validate solutions to address business needs and opportunities and propose changes that would make the SharePoint environment a more effective platform.
- Creates re-usable workflow components in SharePoint Online to shorten development effort/time required in subsequent implementations.
- System design and architecting for creation of electronic workflows for various processes to be decided as a result of the assessment to be conducted which will include features such as:
- Basic information entering, editing and document uploading.
- Designing the steps required for the workflows and electronic routing of processes for approval, processing, etc.
- Automatic notification of actions required via email.
- Develop, configure and maintain document libraries and lists for SharePoint Online.
- Configure user access.
- Creates dashboard(s) for monitoring of the processes and pending actions.
- Creates standardized and customized reports for the processes.
- Create user manuals, as required.
- Build technical documentation.
- Conduct trainings for users.
- Provides end-user support during testing and publishing.
- Any other related tasks as may be required or assigned by the supervisor.
- Required degree level: Bachelor degree or equivalent
- Education - Additional Comments:
- A first-level university degree in Computer Science, Engineering, IT or any other related department with the equivalent in combination with relevant training and/or professional experience may be accepted in lieu of an advanced university degree.
- At least 2 years of professional work experience at the national and/or international level in Microsoft SharePoint architectures, gathering, specification design, implementation and support of application systems,** or other relevant programmes; experience with design tools is an asset, as is experience working in the UN or other international development organization;
- Earlier experience in development of SharePoint / intranet system for a UNDP office is an asset;
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft SharePoint Online from and end user perspective;
- Experience in using web-based management systems.
- Proven experience with analyzing and documenting complex business processes.
- Proven experience interacting directly with end users.
- Experience with tools and methodologies for requirements gathering and modeling.
- Excellent writing skills and experience with creating design documents, specifications and test plans.
- Excellent oral and written skills; excellent drafting, formulation, reporting skills;
- Accuracy and professionalism in document production and editing;
- Excellent interpersonal skills; culturally and socially sensitive; ability to work inclusively and collaboratively with a range of partners, including grassroots community members, religious and youth organizations, and authorities at different levels; familiarity with tools and approaches of communications for development;
- Ability to work and adapt professionally and effectively in a challenging environment; ability to work effectively in a multicultural team of international and national personnel;
- Solid overall computer literacy, including proficiency in various MS Office applications (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Teams, etc.) and email/internet; familiarity with database management; and office technology equipment;
- Self-motivated, ability to work with minimum supervision; ability to work with tight deadlines;
- Sound security awareness;
- Have affinity with or interest in ICT and software support volunteerism as a mechanism for durable development, and the UN System.