Do you want to join our exciting program operation in Mali? We are looking for Shelter and settlement Specialist in Bamako!
NRC has operated in Mali since 2013. From our four field offices in Mali, Gao, Timbuktu, Mopti, Menaka and Kidal, NRC strives to meet the basic needs of people affected by violence and displacement. We provide education, shelter, food security and livelihood, and give people legal assistance. We also have a dedicated emergency response mechanism.The NRC country office in Mali is located in Bamako.
The Shelter and settlement Core Competence Specialist reports to the Head of Programme. S/he provides technical leadership to the Shelter and settlement programme, ensure quality programming and develop new strategic directions to grow the Shelter and settlement response in Mali.
The Shelter CC Specialist is also responsible for mentoring, training and capacity building of the Shelter and Settlement staff.
Duties and responsibilities
- Develop Shelter and settlement CC strategy, technical guidance and Macro LFAs;
- Compliance with and adherence to NRC policies, guidance and procedures;
- Contribute to fundraising, develop and revise funding proposal, budgets and donor reports;
- Identify trends technical standards and donor priorities;
- Follow up on compliance with contractual commitments within Shelter and settlement, ensure high technical quality and synergies in project implementation;
- Provide technical direction and project implementation support to the implementation team;
- Ensure that key learning are extracted from Shelter and settlement implementation, and incorporate them in Shelter and settlement and staff development processes;
- Provide systematic training and build capacity of Shelter staff;
- Represent NRC in relevant forums/clusters, including with national authorities and donors;
- Promote the rights of IDPs/returnees in line with the advocacy strategy.
- Minimum 4 years of experience within a humanitarian/recovery context;
- Experience from working in complex and volatile contexts;
- Minimum 2 years of shelter and or settlement core competency expertise (as Specialist or Project Manager);
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities;
- Knowledge about own leadership skills/profile;
- Fluency in English and french, both written and verbal;
- Knowledge of the Sahel region and the Malian context specifically is an advantage
- Experience with start-up or expansion of new programmes;
- Experience with urban and area-based programming
- Experience in team capacity building;
- Advanced computer skills, especially in Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook.
- this position require 20% travel in field offices, where security condition is volatile and quit high, (Mopti, tombouctou, Gao, kidal and Menaka), our ideal candidate should be able to travel in those areas.
- Handling insecure environments
- Strategic thinking
- Empowering and building trust
- Initiate action and change