We are looking for a new Finance Manager for our operation in Colombia. Do you want to join our team?
We provide assistance to IDPs in rural areas where authorities struggle to provide help, and in urban environments, where the majority of Colombia’s IDPs has sought safety. We also contribute to the process of reintegration of the former combatants into civilian life, self-management, integration and stabilisation of the territories affected by armed conflict. The crisis in Venezuela means that many people are seeking humanitarian aid in other countries. We are implementing a multi-country (Colombia-Panamá-Ecuador-Brazil) action plan for the response.
The Finance Manager is responsible to ensure the financial set up is according to NRC standard and to support programme/project implementation. The Finance Manager collaborates closely with Country Management on strategic direction, funding opportunities and analysis of cost effectiveness. The Finance Manager also collaborates closely with programme departments on budgeting and budget monitoring as well as with other support functions and regional controllers on financial accountability and support.
The Finance Manager reports to the Head of Support.
Colombian nationals will be prioritised.
Applications and CV's must be submitted in English.
Duties and responsibilities
- Ensure that country set up adhere to Financial Handbook, NRC policies, donor and auditor requirements
- Implement NRC’s financial systems, routines and procedures
- Maintain overall budget control and monitor cash flows
- Management of financial team
- Training of line managers and staff with financial responsibilities
- Provide regular analysis and reports
- Implement anti-corruption policy
- Promote the rights of IDPs/returnees in line with the advocacy strategy
- Ensure the financial structure of the Operation is in line with the financial manual, policies, and procedures of the NRC and the requirements of the protocols and auditors.
- Ensure correct implementation of budgets, monitoring of expenditure vs budget in collaboration with the Areas Managers and programme staff
- Provide analysis of the cost effectiveness of NRC Colombia and make recommendations on how to improve it.
- Oversees all financial transactional activity, including; accounts payable, accounts receivable and payroll and ensures that all financial transactions and journal entries are recorded accurately in accordance with organization policies and governmental regulations.
- Leads and overall oversight of the Finance Department and provides consistent leadership to department personnel through regular meetings, effective objective setting, delegation, and communication
- Conduct regular training to NRC Colombia employees on financial policies and procedures and best practices.
- Leads and participates in special projects that further the goals of the Accounting and Finance Department.
- Matrix management of the finance staff in the area offices
- Minimum 3 years of experience from working on Finance in a humanitarian/recovery context
- Experience from working in complex and volatile contexts
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
- Knowledge about own leadership skills/profile
- Solid knowledge of computer software and modern accounting systems
- Fluency in Spanish and English, both written and verbal
- Valid driver’s license
- Knowledge current situation in Colombia and Latin America is an advantage
- Experience with institutional donor funded projects, especially ECHO, PRM and UNHCR, is an advantage
- Experience with Unit4 Business World (Agresso)accounting software is an advantage
- Experience in working with implementing partners
A Finance Manager is able to:
- Manage performance and development
- Empower and build trust
- Manage resources to optimize results
- Handle insecure environments
- All NRC employees are expected to work in accordance with the organization’s core values: dedication, innovation, inclusivity and accountability. These attitudes and believes shall guide our actions and relationships.